By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will you upgrade to the PS4?

When will you upgrade to the PS4?

As soon as I can 126 51.85%

I'll wait for a specific game 117 48.15%

Total:243

Day 1 if I have the money and it has PS3 BC.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Day 1, me and my friend had a random conversation and we bet on it, so now it's a day one purchase XD

Never. My PS3s have not given the return on investment that I expected. The first three years only saw a few games worth buying with on an over priced console...

Sony's next generation won't see a dollar from me.

with the quality of games that the ps3 has now and the bar is also going to be raised with the next wave of games this year, I see no reason to upgrade to a new playstation within the next 3 to 4 years. cost of making games will come down and the quality of games will rise...win win for sony.

Depends on what it does contrast to how much it costs. Conventional wisdom say at launch it will be more than the ps3 was at launch. Kinda scary.

Around the Network

whenever it has interesting games i want to play

in ps4 BC will not mean that much to me... i am sure of that... ps4 will hardly be better looking than my phat 60g PS3 so i think i will keep my PS3 working along with the PS4 because she looks so good next to my LCD... many can disagree with me but to me phat PS3 is way better looking than slim, by miles...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I'll probably wait until after the first price cut... unless it start out with a good price and good games.

You shoulda included "I'll wait for a specific price" as an option. I won't be buying a PS4 until it is at least 2/3 of the launch price or $450 (NZD), which every comes first. I bought PS3 a wee bit too early this console cycle so it was a tad over 2/3 the launch price, but it was well below the launch price none-the-less.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ill do what i did with the ps3 wait for a ton of good games at cheep prices and wait for the price to be under $300