By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will you upgrade to the PS4?

When will you upgrade to the PS4?

As soon as I can 126 51.85%

I'll wait for a specific game 117 48.15%

Total:243
sergiodaly said:
adriane23 said:
sergiodaly said:
in ps4 BC will not mean that much to me... i am sure of that... ps4 will hardly be better looking than my phat 60g PS3 so i think i will keep my PS3 working along with the PS4 because she looks so good next to my LCD... many can disagree with me but to me phat PS3 is way better looking than slim, by miles...

Not with a blinking yellow light :( I miss my obese 60gig.

mine didn't do that to me yet... and i really hope that she never will... mine its connected to a ups and is well ventilated (have her over a notebook cooler, thats what 4 usbs are for...)... i don't play for long hours strait... i pet it a little bit... high hopes for it to do the 10 year plan... i know that i take sony to seriously but i think all console owners hope for their console to last that long too...

I should've pet mine.....Come to think of it none of my game systems ever lasted that long except for my PS2.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

But the world is going to end in 2012. How will we ever get our hands on such a thing?

Saeko said:
Chairman-Mao said:
If its $300 or less and has backwards compatibility with PS3 then right when it launches.

It !

If not i will wait there is at least 3 RPG games out.

I am still a little shocked how low rpg as comming out from the start. but in next 2 month i will be in heaven :)

RPGs were slow to come out on the PS2 as well. Orphen, Dark Cloud, and that one Action RPG eith the guy with the spiky hair and black leggings (smh) sucked, so I'm not counting those.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

I'll upgrade right when the first GTA, MGS, God of War or Uncharted release!

If specific games come out. I chose ps3 over 360 just because of the awesome sequels ( GoW3, last Guardian, MGS4 were the main reeasons, and LBP also motivated me).

But I also prefer to wait at least 1 or 2 years after the launch.

Around the Network
Sephiroth357 said:
But the world is going to end in 2012. How will we ever get our hands on such a thing?

The world will end on December 2012, the console could launch before that :D

Assuming the PS4 will be launched late 2013. One year after the new XBox launches. I will buy the PS4 two or three years after its launch. Depending on the price and the games that are available. Buying a console on its launch day with very few good games available and paying a premium to be one of the early adopters is pointless.

I'll buy it when it's backwards compatible and has 3 or 4 exclusive games that I want.

Once it meets two conditions:
1. It has 1 game i want really badly and can't play it on PC, and few other such games planned for next years)
2. Price of around 300 euro or lower.

Altrough it's of course not set in stone if for example it comes out in 2012 with Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF XV as starting titles I'd get it day one even for 400-450 euros :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

for me it really depends on the launch price, if it's a good price it's a day one purchase for me, if it's unnessecarily expensive i'll go with a xbox 720

no idea how to make this properly work