By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will you upgrade to the PS4?

When will you upgrade to the PS4?

As soon as I can 126 51.85%

I'll wait for a specific game 117 48.15%

Total:243

When a new console is launched I try to buy it as soon as possible with a fairly random good game to start over a new gen.

I did it since the PSone era all along to this one, and the instant I buy a new system, my old system will inevitably die. I'll play it some little here and then just for the nostalgia since the new system is backwards compatible.

This gen I wanna max out the life my consoles will have, so for the case of Sony,

I will only upgrade to the PS4 when a new Gran Turismo or a Team ICO title launches, and those aren't granted to launch at a new Sony console arrival.

What about you? You'll buy it day one or will wait for a specific game that completely amazes you to jump in a new era?

Around the Network

I usually wait for a specific game to at least be released or near released before purchasing my system of choice.

day one! i'm all for new things and can't wait a second after they're out!
(luckily i don't get too exicited over much other things)

i get it if theirs a game that i might like

Day 1

Around the Network

When it has games that I want.

4 ≈ One

When it's affordable, don't think I could pay more than £300 for a console.

i dont think i will be...ive just had so many problems with every single one of their consoles. im so tired of replacing them over and over again.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Probably after the first price drop, since Playstations tend to be very expansive when they first come out

If its $300 or less and has backwards compatibility with PS3 then right when it launches.

If its $300 but no BC then I'll wait till a few good games are out at least.

It its over $300...then I'll wait till its $300.