By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (1/11 - 1/17)

kopstudent89 said:
^^ true i dont see Zelda:ST doing phantom hourglass numbers in japan. Nintendo FOR ONCE overshipped

The shipment number is decided by retailers who order the games copies...if they ordered 5 million ST copies Nintendo would produce that number, even if it would never sold like that. Just like they did with Monster Hunter 3...

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network

^^ yeah but i guess Nintendo can control that too, cant they?

^^Why should they? If they can sell more to reatilers is their benefit...they can give a prediction but shipping more units is a good thing not a bad one...the only bad consequence there can be is a low first shipment for future titles, but if they sell out fastly than the retailers will ship more units, so it's not that big of a problem IMO.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

^^ Well i think Nintendo have this kind of credibility in Japan, and i dont think they wanna mess around with that. OVershipping just makes them lose that and affects future titles as you've said. I guess thats one reason why they've been so succesful for this long

^^
It's the retailers "overordered", not Nintendo "overshipped". It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to ship less than the retailers asked for.

Think about the conversation below.

Retailers: "We want 900,000 copies of Zelda ST for launch."
Nintendo" "We don't think this game will sell that well. How about we'll give you 600,000 copies for launch then you can order a second shipment when it's sold out?"

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

Well i've hear alooooot abt a company overshipping their games, and that they shouldnt. Anyways ok i'll shut up now :P

dolemit3 said:
Soriku said:

"Next week" what?

Complete and utter domination, of course.

I don't get it

Gaming make me feel GOOD!