By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Arc delayed

sorry just delivering the new to you as i read it, lol the rest was my opinion( the part about PS Arc vs Natal), while they never did say in 100% FOR SPRING 2010, they did mention that date to begin with, you know how the media views these thing and spins them all kinds of ways.
@darth yeah that was the point i was trying to make, Sony is doing this to steal Natal's thunder, it has too much Hype to ignore, and they needed to find a solution to that problem, which they already have, releasing the PS Wand in spring would have a good effect for a while, but the trouble is by the time we get to December would it be remembered as much??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
Feylic said:
Whats with all these delays being "announced" when I'd never even heard about a release date in the first place?!

I quite clearly remember a Sony guy saying and its coming in Spring 2010 last E3, perhaps I dreamed it. 

No, they definitely said Spring, I just don't think anyone believed them

slowmo said:
Feylic said:
Whats with all these delays being "announced" when I'd never even heard about a release date in the first place?!

I quite clearly remember a Sony guy saying and its coming in Spring 2010 last E3, perhaps I dreamed it. 

I guess I just don't see "Spring" being a firm release date... What if they had originally planned to release it on the last day of spring, and now they are releasing it on the first day of fall... Doesn't seem like a reason for people to get all cranky about. If they'd give us a 1 month window, and then moved it, maybe that would lead to valid arguments, but a 4 month window doesn't seem like a very firm release date.

It was the right thing to do. Launching without any big name games supporting it (except the new version of RE5) would be suicide. Without the games supporting it consumers wouldn't find reasons to buy it, therefore publishers wouldn't invest in developing games supporting it and it would go on in an endless cycle until it's removal from the market.

Around the Network
Feylic said:
slowmo said:
Feylic said:

I guess I just don't see "Spring" being a firm release date... What if they had originally planned to release it on the last day of spring, and now they are releasing it on the first day of fall... Doesn't seem like a reason for people to get all cranky about. If they'd give us a 1 month window, and then moved it, maybe that would lead to valid arguments, but a 4 month window doesn't seem like a very firm release date.

Well assuming that each season is approximately 3 months (give or take), a move from spring to fall could result in a delay as short as 3 months (last day spring to first day fall) or longer (if they release mid or late fall).

Three month's delay is worth mentioning to your customers I think?  Better at least, than saying NOTHING for three months, yes?

I wouldn't have guessed with zero hype and no news about it....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I think the delay is almost completely for software reasons. Meaning they needed more time to get more games lined up on release date. I doubt we are going to get a nunchuck dongle, instead, as shown in the demo, more than one wand can be used per person.

Ldn.se said:
> If I can use this controller with an RPG game then it is day one purchase for me. Not really interested in Wii-like games.

You're talking about action RPG game I hope. Cause I seriously don't want to have to navigate the menus with the thing. Wiimote menu navigation sucks, and so would SONY Arc.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
I think the delay is almost completely for software reasons. Meaning they needed more time to get more games lined up on release date. I doubt we are going to get a nunchuck dongle, instead, as shown in the demo, more than one wand can be used per person.

Ldn.se said:
> If I can use this controller with an RPG game then it is day one purchase for me. Not really interested in Wii-like games.

You're talking about action RPG game I hope. Cause I seriously don't want to have to navigate the menus with the thing. Wiimote menu navigation sucks, and so would SONY Arc.

something like like demon souls but with wand control would be very awesome hehe

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Munkeh111 said:
No, they definitely said Spring, I just don't think anyone believed them

they said spring at TGS & we didn't believe them cus there was like not enough HYPE for a spring launch!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey