By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Reveals Top Tier 2010 Line-Up for the Xbox 360!

alan wake is the only one that's really calling me in.

Around the Network

The beginning of a historic new decade for Xbox 360 is upon us and it starts with a bang! 2010 is poised to be the most significant year in history for games, and Xbox 360 will have the biggest lineup of blockbusters and exclusives ever witnessed in the industry, including “Halo: Reach,” “Fable III,” “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction,” and “Final Fantasy XIII,” just to name a few.

Really? Biggest lineup of blockbusters? Is that really bigger than 2007 when they had Halo 3, Fable II and Gears of War 2 (and many others that I can't remember). And why would they prioritise Splinter Cell Conviction over Mass Effect 2?

This year will be great, can't wait for these.

And a Gears of War 3 better be announced soon.

Gazz said:
BioShock 2, Crackdown 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Lost Planet 2, Mass Effect 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction.

Blockbusters all for sure, but the better part of the list is either availible on multiple consoles and/or gaming platforms (PC baby!). The list is pretty thin actually when you look at the list that is offered exclusively on 360.

But for the 37+ million 360 gamers this is a great list!  Especially since any and all of these multiplat games listed will all sell most on the 360 version.    Crackdown 2, Halo: Reach, Fable 3, all 360 true exclusives, plus there is always a chance GoW3 comes out this year for 360 and then we have the rumored 14 Natal games to add this fall.  This list will grow quite a bit once E3 hits.  MS doesn't hype all their games a year in advance... just Halo and Fable

What you said can be spoken of any console's "true exclusives" list.

Munkeh111 said:
The beginning of a historic new decade for Xbox 360 is upon us and it starts with a bang! 2010 is poised to be the most significant year in history for games, and Xbox 360 will have the biggest lineup of blockbusters and exclusives ever witnessed in the industry, including “Halo: Reach,” “Fable III,” “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction,” and “Final Fantasy XIII,” just to name a few.

Really? Biggest lineup of blockbusters? Is that really bigger than 2007 when they had Halo 3, Fable II and Gears of War 2 (and many others that I can't remember). And why would they prioritise Splinter Cell Conviction over Mass Effect 2?

Hang on... I am getting my dates mixed up aren't I?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Munkeh111 said:

Hang on... I am getting my dates mixed up aren't I?

Fable II and Gears of War 2 came out in 2008, if I'm not mistaken.

apocalypse101 said:
Um half of those are multiplats MS must be pretty desperate

4 out of 11 actual games isn't half butt i don't see how DLC changes much

They make a game like twisted metal and call it scrap metal, is that a joke? First time I hear of that game, it may be awesome but they should change the name a bit lol. I have nothing against taking inspiration of something but choose your own name. Imagine if 3D dot game heroes would get call 3D heroes: a link to the future. Or darksiders being called war of god. lol

On relation to thread, many great games on that list.

i've got to hand it to MS, their PR/marketing department is top-notch. i personally prefer sony's line-up but they've got nothing on MS in terms of the ability to excite people about their products.

Munkeh111 said:

Despite how much I dislike the majority of first person shooters, even I have to admit that more people are into shooters than rpgs. Still I agree he should have mentioned Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 2 is definitely my most looked forward to on that list.