By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Reveals Top Tier 2010 Line-Up for the Xbox 360!

http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_9354/Microsoft_Reveals_Top_Tier_2010_Line-Up_for_the_Xbox_360

Microsoft Reveals Top Tier 2010 Line-Up for the Xbox 360

by Eric Bush

A few hours ago a very interesting e-mail popped into the PlanetXbox360 news inbox; it's from Microsoft's PR company and it's touting the amazing lineup for 2010, available on the Xbox 360 video game system. Scroll down to see which games the console maker has decided are worth bragging about, and what remains unannounced going into E3 2010 this June. Let us know your thoughts in the official forum thread for this post, by clicking here, and stay tuned for more on each and every one of these amazing games as 2010 continues, right here at PlanetXbox360.com. It looks to be one heck of a year to be a hardcore video gamer, agree or disagree? Will the line-up be better on the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3 this year around, only time will tell but Microsoft is making sure you know their opinion.

The beginning of a historic new decade for Xbox 360 is upon us and it starts with a bang! 2010 is poised to be the most significant year in history for games, and Xbox 360 will have the biggest lineup of blockbusters and exclusives ever witnessed in the industry, including “Halo: Reach,” “Fable III,” “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction,” and “Final Fantasy XIII,” just to name a few.

On top of blockbuster exclusives, Xbox LIVE Arcade games and multi-platform titles releasing this year on Xbox 360, exclusive Game Add-ons for the biggest blockbusters will bring players countless more hours of fun, demonstrating why Xbox 360 is the best place to play. This includes new map packs for “Modern Warfare 2” coming first exclusively to Xbox 360, new dream cars for “Forza Motorsport 3,” and much more that’s yet to be announced.

“2010 is shaping up to be the biggest year ever for Xbox 360,” said Phil Spencer, corporate vice president of Microsoft Game Studios. “Across the portfolio, we have an unparalleled lineup of blockbuster games and exclusive experiences, the likes of which have never been seen before.” Beginning in January, Xbox 360 will deliver month after month with the most celebrated game franchises and exclusive experiences of the year, including:

2010 Announced Xbox 360 Blockbusters and Exclusives (in alphabetical order):

• Alan Wake – Nightmares come to life in this gripping psychological action thriller from Remedy Entertainment, exclusively on Xbox 360. Join writer Alan Wake as he combats dark forces to solve the mystery behind his wife’s disappearance, with light as his only ally.
  • BioShock 2 – Set approximately 10 years after the events of the original “BioShock,” you are the very first Big Daddy as you travel through the decrepit and beautiful fallen city of Rapture, chasing an unseen foe in search of answers to preserve your own survival.
  • Crackdown 2 – Featuring over-the-top action, a massive living world, unprecedented online and multiplayer capabilities, and stylish graphics, “Crackdown 2” offers complete freedom to explore, destroy, and restore justice to Pacific City – by any means necessary… only on Xbox 360.
  • Fable III – Return to Albion five decades after your last heroic adventure and experience an action-packed journey that will take you from revolutionary to ruler. As you ascend to the throne as king or queen, you will be called upon to make choices and sacrifices that will test your morality but can have significant impacts on your entire kingdom. Experience the next chapter in the famed “Fable” series exclusively on Xbox 360.
  • Final Fantasy XIII – The latest installment in the world-renowned “Final Fantasy” series, which has shipped over 85 million units worldwide, will make its first-ever release on Xbox 360 in the U.S. and Europe.
  • Game Room on Xbox LIVE – Relive the glory days of classic arcade and console games in their original forms. Your avatar will take part in the original sights, sounds and gameplay that will make these retro games come alive on your Xbox 360 and Windows-based PC in one fast, fun experience.
  • Halo: Reach – Step into the boots of an elite Spartan soldier in the most prolific “Halo” game yet, exclusively on Xbox 360. Experience the blockbuster prequel to the award winning “Halo” trilogy, as mankind takes a heroic stand to defend the planet Reach, its people and secrets against the ruthless alien Covenant.
  • Lips: Party Classics – Featuring 40 songs that everyone loves to sing from artists like the Spice Girls, KISS, Village People, Gloria Gaynor, The B-52’s and more, “Lips: Party Classics” will offer USB microphone compatibility for even more singing flexibility. This party can only be found on Xbox 360.
  • Lost Planet 2 – The all-new sequel to the two million-plus selling action shooter will offer deeper insight into the world of E.D.N. III and the uncertain future of mankind. The extensive multiplayer campaign mode comes with the ability to form teams of up to 4 players on Xbox LIVE to clear mission objectives with friends.
  • Mass Effect 2 – In this second act of BioWare’s epic space saga, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it’s potentially suicidal.
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction – Unleash the skills of your inner renegade spy in this highly anticipated sequel to the multimillion-selling “Splinter Cell” series, one of the most critically acclaimed Xbox exclusive franchises of all time.
  • Toy Soldiers – Poised to be a smash hit on Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Toy Soldiers” is an action-packed strategy-based game in which players are cast into a fantastic, miniature world where antique toy soldiers fight for survival in vintage WWI dioramas.
  • Scrap Metal – Drift around corners with guns blazing and take out competitors in the fast-paced, top-down racer “Scrap Metal.” Fight your way through explosive, action-packed missions, defeat cunning bosses, or jump on Xbox LIVE to race against your friends, exclusively on Xbox 360.

2010 Announced Blockbuster Xbox 360 Game Add-ons:

• Forza Motorsport 3 Game Add-ons – 2009’s best racing game is getting even better! “Forza Motorsport 3” is still growing with monthly Game Add-on car packs, offering players fresh experiences and more cars to tune, paint, share and drive.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing Game Add-on – The first game add-on for the co-operative zombie thriller, “Left 4 Dead 2” (“L4D2”), brings the original “Left 4 Dead” survivors down south for a meeting with the “L4D2” cast, while delivering new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay exclusively for Xbox 360 and the PC.
  • Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Map Pack* – The first content packs for this award-winning title and biggest entertainment launch ever will be available exclusively first on Xbox 360. *Timed exclusive

All information contained in this news post comes directly from an e-mail sent out by Microsoft.

Around the Network

If your going to talk about multiplats such as FF13 then you should also mention Read Dead Redemption and so many others. Not that it matters to me, I'm going to play ME2 and when I'm done with that Fable 3 is probably out already. I'll pick up Red Dead and all the games I missed in 2009 for half the price.

Halo Reach,ALan Wake,Fable 3 and possibly Gears 3.

These new mw2 maps better be a bit better than rundown or quarry

BioShock 2, Crackdown 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Lost Planet 2, Mass Effect 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction.

Blockbusters all for sure, but the better part of the list is either availible on multiple consoles and/or gaming platforms (PC baby!). The list is pretty thin actually when you look at the list that is offered exclusively on 360.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network
Gazz said:
BioShock 2, Crackdown 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Lost Planet 2, Mass Effect 2, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction.

Blockbusters all for sure, but the better part of the list is either availible on multiple consoles and/or gaming platforms (PC baby!). The list is pretty thin actually when you look at the list that is offered exclusively on 360.

I agree but it's still a lot better than the 2009 lineup... More and better games overall.

I would not consider that strong but I think they are only giving us half the picture. I think by the end of 2010 we may consider this to be one of Mircrosofts years but not if that list was all it was.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Gazz said:

Hey as long as they have a main Halo game out.....

RJ@Melb said:
These new mw2 maps better be a bit better than rundown or quarry

Rundown is okay, but quarry on the other hand.....

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Um half of those are multiplats MS must be pretty desperate