By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EIDOS not releasing major ps3 games until 2008

Thief for Wii please, and thank you very much. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

they know better then to release their crap now. early adopters are hardcore fans, they won buy crap games.
That sounds a bit elitist, doesn't it? If Eidos said "hey, we're going to release a bunch of games for PS3 in 2007", would you say "crap! they're releasing a whole bunch of crap games this year"? I think not. I'd rather be the company with more games released any day of the week.

DKII said: I prefer the Wii/DS to the PS3/PSP myself right now, but johnlucas you are quite frankly delusional in your predictions. MGS4 may go to the 360 for its main sales but the cost of keeping it on the PS3 as well wouldn't need many sales to justify it.
That's fair. I expect that reaction. I know it's hard to believe. Most truth is before its time. Like with everything else time will be the verifier. It's March going on April. We got 8 long months to go before 2008. Let's see what happens. John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Its not really about how a console is currently selling, more about the current install base that matters. This is the (serious) edge I see that the 360 has over the PS3 - and more so for games that are not planned for a Japan release (take Japan out of the equation, and the 360 may always be ahead of the PS3). Sony can negate this by either overtaking the total install base for the 360 (worldwide), or showing that the PS3 can actually do stuff that the 360 *cannot* do at all. It may just be that the PS3 takes longer to get started than other consoles have before it.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

“Fear is the path to FUD. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering is the result of bias” · Yoda The funny thing is that if rumors about PS3 or games are debunked nobody fesses up that they are wrong they just try to find another topic to speculate and ride into the ground. Mr. Lucas I visit alot of forums. I have had quite a bit of free times in the past and I have seen you everywhere. And in some forums you were banned. You seem to have lost grip with reality on some of your posts. First of all, there is a chance of MGS4 going multiplatform...... but not showing up on the PS3 at all is beyond delusional. Seriously because of the amount of work and custimization for the hardware already displayed. You surmise the demise of the PS3 based off of rumblings on the web. Nevermind Sony has the largest first party development studios and offerings (and most of them bank) but you claim that third party devs are going to abandon sony as they did nintendo. First of all going multi is not the same as abandoning..... nintendo was abandoned , the PS3 still gets love but a little less exclusives.... but it works both ways because on the same token this will happen to most planned 360 games as well, it already has begun. At one point in time you predicted the PS3's demise because of square-enix claims to make games on every platform (A trend they were following before the announcement) and the loss of smackdown 2007 to the PS3 console.......... and you were serious. I just cannot take you seriously and you produce moments of laughter as I see how far people can alter their perception (with long-winded whimsical rants) to push their console of choice. Please continue, you are the reason the internet exists.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Around the Network

albionus said: This is another sign that the PS3 has a very difficult, though not impossible, road ahead of it. 3rd party developers jumping ship is never a good sign. Sony is in serious danger of falling into the video game spiral of death here. Some UK tech web magazine has an excellent two-part article about this Part I www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37771 Part II www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37773 ...
Although a little over the top, I essentially agree with this. The triangle theory is pretty much true - apply it to the PS2, and you can see why it did so well. Also think this is why the Wii is a winner - plus the fact that it really is different from the other machines (etc). The ball is in Sony's court - and they need to create some awesome games... or it could be game over.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

i'm a total Nintendo Fanboy, and as much as I'd like to see Sony fall flat on its face, I'd rather have it fight toe-to-toe with Microsoft than to have it get wiped off the face of the earth. I'm not a fan of Microsoft and I don't want it to become #1 in yet another market.

I absolutely agree about the 3rd party exodus. They can see where the trend-lines are going: the PS3 is finished almost before it's begun. I suspect MGS4 will still get a PS3 release, but I'm not so certain about even a times exclusive. It'll be the last big Japanese game we see that isn't developed with at least a Wii port in mind, since Nintendo has an absolute lock on Japan. FF13 I wouldn't be surprised to drop a PS3 release however.

Staticneuron, of course you've seen me banned from certain places. Inside of my article there I post the very place (N-Philes.com forum) where I first made that insight back in last September. Some of the members there enjoyed my contributions which kept me around but others could not stand me not towing a certain line. I didn't see things the way they did. And I wasn't going to be snarky or elitist or sarcastic like many people try to be on the internet. I had no problem with praise because I feel good work should be applauded in this world where it's so easy to cut corners. I was banned not because of my disrespect of the posters which went on like crazy in that place called N-Philes.com but just because they didn't like who I was & what I represented. When all else fails use the word "fanboy". A bane on the English language. It shows lack of discussion & debate skills when the retort is trotted out so easily. It's your right to believe that I'm off my rocker or delusional. That's how it's supposed to be with someone who sees things long before they come to pass. I look at history when I make these claims. If someone told you in 1982 that the videogame industry in America was about to go belly up you woulda called him "tinhat man". "Kook". "Nutjob". Whatever the terminology. But after it came to pass like that person said all of sudden he looks like a sage. And because he wasn't afraid to go against conventional wisdom (which is rarely wisdom) and because he was willing to do it when it wasn't popular to do, it shows a man who can lead & who can stand his own. A man who thinks for himself. The place I got banned from didn't appreciate that. And it's no big loss. Even my colleagues at Popzart don't fully follow my lead on that either. They respect my right to say it but they think I'm just as crazy as you do. LOL! It's all good. Yeah why DIDN'T a big game like a WWE franchise launch concurrently with the PS3 that had been in obvious development for years? It would have been an excellent launch title and helped move systems (they both dropped in Nov 2006). Why WOULD that WWE franchise which was a Sony exclusive going back all the way to the PS1 all of sudden go on virtually every platform BUT the PS3 and ALSO break exclusivity for the first time going to the XBox 360? If not for the XBox 360, you could work around that but why go to the same 7th gen competitor when as before you stayed firmly entrenched on one system? Momentum always matters from generation to generation and Sony had the natural momentum going into the 7th generation. Why bail out on the rolling stone at that point in the game? Makes no sense to me. And I'm a former wrestling fan so that's why that struck my attention in the first place. Most people would overlook it because they had no interest in the genre. MGS4 going cross-platform is not just a chance it's a stone cold reality. That is a given. That was the easy thing to call. I saw that coming last summer. Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder saw that coming. No, I went one step beyond. I said it's not coming out AT ALL on the PS3 platform. And we'll just have to wait and see who's right. My bet is on me. John Lucas (just as there were those who were "surprised" at Wii's success [not me of course] there will be those surprised by this revelation as well WHEN it drops)

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Does anyone else find it funny... but when they say multiplatform. They mean PS3/360. Not wii? Sony has some amazing teams working 1st party this gen. I would say late 2007 and all of 2008 will be sony's first... "software" time. PS1 and PS2, sony barely published/did any games at all. PS3 sony is going with full force. It's just amazing.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!