By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam: Bioshock 1+2 pre-order deal

The funniest thing about GfWL is that Microsoft originally wanted you to pay for its premium 'features', which as far as I could make out were achievements, matchmaking and playing Shadowrun against 360 owners.

Around the Network
Mudface said:
The funniest thing about GfWL is that Microsoft originally wanted you to pay for its premium 'features', which as far as I could make out were achievements, matchmaking and playing Shadowrun against 360 owners.

I remember that very well. It failed so miserably bad. Then people go around saying that the 360 online is better than the PC online.....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

GFWL - the acronym even looks like godawful. :D

I have absolutely no idea why devs choose to integrate games with GFWL instead of Steam. How much is m$ honestly paying them that they'd wanna rape their sales like that? >_>

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Mudface said:
Fortunately, it looks like the SecuROM has been removed. It appears that the entry on the Steam page was actually a mistake. Sadly, it still uses GfWL, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Why is GfWL bad?  You can still have dedicated server games on there.  Section 8 for example.  (only one off the top of my head)

It's probably a straight console port so it will likely use P2P.

I don't know where to begin to make fun of GFWL to be honest. Whether it's the problems with DLC (which I never buy anyhow, but some do), weird installatioins, having to be logged in while playing single-player, or a bunch of other "features" which are hilariously bad. Do yourself a favor and pirate the game so you don't have to put up with this shit.

Lol, or just don't pirate it and don't buy, or get it for consoles

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Mudface said:
Fortunately, it looks like the SecuROM has been removed. It appears that the entry on the Steam page was actually a mistake. Sadly, it still uses GfWL, but I suppose you can't have everything.

Why is GfWL bad?  You can still have dedicated server games on there.  Section 8 for example.  (only one off the top of my head)

I don't know where to begin to make fun of GFWL to be honest. Whether it's the problems with DLC (which I never buy anyhow, but some do), weird installatioins, having to be logged in while playing single-player, or a bunch of other "features" which are hilariously bad. Do yourself a favor and pirate the game so you don't have to put up with this shit.

Or I pirate it, the dev notices the they fucked up their game due to high piracy and in the future they change their wayse. The incident with EA proved that piracy does indeed change developers' views on things. Also if 2K patches out the shit in their game I will gladly buy it.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Mudface said:

Or I pirate it, the dev notices the they fucked up their game due to high piracy and in the future they change their wayse. The incident with EA proved that piracy does indeed change developers' views on things. Also if 2K patches out the shit in their game I will gladly buy it.

Or, they go baaaaaaaaaaaaw people pirated the game this isn't at all because we fucked it up, no more games for you!

jefforange89 said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Mudface said:

Or, they go baaaaaaaaaaaaw people pirated the game this isn't at all because we fucked it up, no more games for you!

If they make shit games then good riddance anyhow.

could they remove all those stuff with a patch later?

cr00mz said:
could they remove all those stuff with a patch later?

presumably

vlad321 said:
jefforange89 said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
Mudface said:

If they make shit games then good riddance anyhow.

Nah, they'll just have one more reason to stop supporting PC and keep shifting everything over to consoles.  You pirates really are only hurting yourselves