By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just Dance is Ubi's fastest-selling Wii title. Sequels planned

I don't like this. Shovelware should not sell like this.

Around the Network
MRFENIX said:

It's not shovelware, really.

Note that most game reviewers are, well, males? How many of these guys would enjoy a dancing game, even if it were the greatest dancing game ever?

Think about it.

MRFENIX said:

Well if the non-shovelware focused on raw fun more often, this might not happen.

And that's for all systems.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

kitler53 said:
lol at all the wii fans trolling 3rd parties in this thread...

gratz ubi,...i know a couple people that bought the game and they all really seem to like it. i plan to go over and give it a go one of these nights myself. i love dancing!!

This is Ubi-soft on the wii we're talking about, and BIGGEST shovelware producer of ALL TIME!!!!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

c0rd said:
MRFENIX said:

It's not shovelware, really.

Note that most game reviewers are, well, males? How many of these guys would enjoy a dancing game, even if it were the greatest dancing game ever?

Think about it.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R12N9J27B7A9OE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R12N9J27B7A9OE

Bought this game for the kids based on the commercial showing all the activity and the songs. Told my wife we had to try it out first and she balked because it was late, after the kids were in bed. I nagged she gave in I lasted 3 songs she danced every song until 2 in the morning. She had so much fun the game never made it under the Xmas tree. The next day the whole family had a blast. That night friends came over and danced for 3 hours. I'm taking it to the company Xmas party.

Pros - It's fun, fun, fun. The best family or group game since Wii Sport Bowling. It doesn't take a huge amount of skill or even rhythm. It's for the very young, anyone who can get up and boogie or simply the young at heart. If you try to play the game as intended you will get one heck of a total aerobic workout especially the smile muscles.

Cons - Primarily it's just that there is only 30 songs and surprisingly it's not enough, the developers should or had to have known they needed more (so that's the 1 star deduction.) It isn't for hard core gamers who are driven to be able to conquer a stage, solve a puzzle, revel in a high score or master a total game. They simply won't get it at all. The scoring is not spot on for the competition minded. I imagine if you wanted to cheat and just move the wiimote you could bypass the fun all together. May be to much exercise for those with physical impairments.

Out of the 165 people who considered whether it was 5 stars or not, 164 agreed it was.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I bet they come out with 3 sequels at once that cannibalize each other and the original, drying up all the profits the original made. It's the only way to treat a smash hit. You must DESTROY IT.

SaviorX said:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R12N9J27B7A9OE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R12N9J27B7A9OE

Bought this game for the kids based on the commercial showing all the activity and the songs. Told my wife we had to try it out first and she balked because it was late, after the kids were in bed. I nagged she gave in I lasted 3 songs she danced every song until 2 in the morning. She had so much fun the game never made it under the Xmas tree. The next day the whole family had a blast. That night friends came over and danced for 3 hours. I'm taking it to the company Xmas party.

Pros - It's fun, fun, fun. The best family or group game since Wii Sport Bowling. It doesn't take a huge amount of skill or even rhythm. It's for the very young, anyone who can get up and boogie or simply the young at heart. If you try to play the game as intended you will get one heck of a total aerobic workout especially the smile muscles.

Cons - Primarily it's just that there is only 30 songs and surprisingly it's not enough, the developers should or had to have known they needed more (so that's the 1 star deduction.) It isn't for hard core gamers who are driven to be able to conquer a stage, solve a puzzle, revel in a high score or master a total game. They simply won't get it at all. The scoring is not spot on for the competition minded. I imagine if you wanted to cheat and just move the wiimote you could bypass the fun all together. May be to much exercise for those with physical impairments.

Out of the 165 people who considered whether it was 5 stars or not, 164 agreed it was.

Damn. Wasn't expecting that!

Most of the people who bought a Wii did so to get new, fun, and polished gameplay experiences than what they had got before; while a game like Just Dance may not be a great game for everyone (or even most gamers) it does seem like a new, fun and polished gameplay experience that would appeal to a lot of people.