By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you become a nintendo fan?

I started being a Nintendo fan because my best friend had a NES and SNES and Gameboy and I wanted to copy everything that he did. Also, I decided to pick up a Gamegear at Funcoland at some point, and was extremely disgusted by the fact that it sucked up its 6 batteries in like 1 hour. So I 'returned it' meaning, they forced me to sell it back to them at 1/8 of what I paid them for it. After that, I never bought any other system besides Nintendo until my 360 Elite.

I have owned the original Game Boy (Classic Gray), Game Boy Pocket (Black), Game Boy Color (Teal), Game Boy Advance (Arctic White), SNES (1st and 2nd versions), N64 (Black), GCN (Indigo), and Wii (White). I know people have more impressive collections than that, but I'm proud of it :D.

Most defining games of my childhood were Pokemon Red Version and Chrono Trigger.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Parents had an Atari and decided to buy a Nintendo because the graphics looked better. My mom eventually bought one for my sister and one for me. I played it all of the time.

man I know I'm getting older I had an atari 2600 and you're right the graphics was much better on the NES...going from 2 bit to 8 bit..what a leap...systems I've purchased thoughout the years

Atari 2600

NES

SNES(2)

Turbo Grafix 16

Sega

Sega Genesis

N64(3)

Gamecube

PS2

PS3

Wii

http://www.vgchartz.com/sigs/output.php?userid=60726%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

xavi707 said:
3 words: Super Mario Bros!!!

that game can be played years from now and still will be the greatest...it revolutionised gaming...

I was born wearing a Power Glove. My mom says my first words were "Now you're playing with Power mom, super power!"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I was born wearing a Power Glove. My mom says my first words were "Now you're playing with Power mom, super power!"

I remember that mess...the power glove...I wanted one badly...

Around the Network

My team mates were Nintendo fans at the GC time, plus my cousin bought a GB, so I ended up buying a GBA (and 2 months later I won 2 other GBAs XD).

I ever dream to have a home console, but until this gen I never had one.

And I'll be a Nintendo fan forever, mark my words!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Mario Bros. on the Commodore 64 in 1984 :)

It was about 12 or 13+ years ago in Boston, Mass and my friends upstairs had a SNES and TMNT and Street Fighter (don't know which one). That's when I started but when I really became a fan is when I started playing N64 with my cousins. My cousins were also Nintendo fans but they swayed to Xbox later on and I was left by myself to defend Nintendo, not because I had to, but because I loved Nintendo and still do. Thanks Nintendo :)

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

I was a Nintendo fan until I just noticed they didn't have HD! Oh Noes! :O

I grew up with the SNES. It all started from there.