By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Where will sales of "Just Dance" end up?

Bamboleo said:

Wow! That was surprisingly good and cute! I'll show this to my sister and maybe I'll give it to her for her birthday.

I'm thinking it would be between 3.5-4 million.

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Around the Network

My GF bought this for our wii... >_> ... don't tell anyone I like it!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

noname2200 said:
1.5-2 million tops, I think.

But, it's just had a surge of growth in the middle of January and it's nearly at a million. It would have to completely drop off within the next few weeks to end up at only 1.5 million, that would be a bizarre sales pattern. It'd be like the first few weeks was everyone who got this game spreading their enthusiasm to others, and then they all suddenly realize it's shit so it stops selling.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

1 unit.. yep thats it lol

I see Wii Dance coming soon.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
I see Wii Dance coming soon.

Why? Ubisoft has it covered, Nintendo isn't the type to follow Ubisoft's games, but you can be sure other third parties will.

For anyone who's interested, here's a comparison to other big break out hits on Wii:

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Game+Party+-+Wii[12985]&reg2=All&game2=Just+Dance+-+Wii[40053]&reg3=All&game3=Carnival+Games+-+Wii[7221]&weeks=100

So, Just Dance will sell less than Carnival Games..?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

The one thing they should get*** is advertising.

Demotruk said:
noname2200 said:
1.5-2 million tops, I think.

But, it's just had a surge of growth in the middle of January and it's nearly at a million. It would have to completely drop off within the next few weeks to end up at only 1.5 million, that would be a bizarre sales pattern. It'd be like the first few weeks was everyone who got this game spreading their enthusiasm to others, and then they all suddenly realize it's shit so it stops selling.

My rationale is that the January surge was due to more extensive advertising on shows like X-Factor (which I've heard it got a big push from). I expect it to die down to more moderate levels from here on. I further expect it to continue to sell in steady numbers based on word of mouth, but that sales will be destroyed when Ubisoft rushes out a sequel to "capitalize" on the game.

Granted there are lots of assumptions there, but I think they're warranted. I could be wrong though!

Bamboleo said:

wow,that is just too cute

and will no doubt drive the parents crazy,

i don' know how much it will sell,but i'll say 2.5m which is probably to low

Above & Beyond

Well, bought the game for my wife, and ended up playing with her - the game is simple (almost no engine developementrequired, plays video of the dancer), has uber-broken mehanics(movement registration is awful), but the most important thing, it is actually... fun. You can look like a complete idiot and get away with it, and also laugh at others for looking like complete idiots.

Can't wait till I try this out drunk along with 3 other drunken friends.

Edit: Sales? Only sky is the limit for this one.