By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just got Eye of Judgment

So far I only opened the package up, put together the stand, and opened the card packs. I'll update you guys later on my opinion of the game and the Eye (and EyeCreate)

After playing for a while I realize that carpet = evil. The game is interesting. Not at the level of MtG but it is addicting. The rules take a while to get used to and the fact I could only get my ultimate creature to attack once mad me lose (think I screwed up placing or something). I still need to mess with the deck as I have more cards then I should in it. Deck is limited to 30 cards (which is good, yu-gi-oh there is no limit which it's funny to see a kid with a 200 card deck).

The game isnt perfect but it truly isnt anywhere close to bad. I'd say 8/10 material here.

The game is a pretty good package though and the fact you can get EyeCreate for free adds value to the PSEye. I only made a retarded 20 second video of my dog sniffing the cam. The quality is pretty good for what it is.

EyeCreate - 7/10 - its free, but still could use more editing tools and features.

I think the cam is a touch better then 5mpx as my 5mpx digital cam doesnt shot video as well as the PSEye does.

8/10 - by itself its only $40 which is well worth it. In the package you would be an idiot to pass it up if you own a PS3.

So ya quick review scores:

EOJ: 8.3/10
EyeCreate: 7/10
PSEye: 8/10

Compete package w/ EyeCreate downloaded: 8/10

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Is it just me, or is the suspense here a killer?

hahahaha.. i was personally expecting a review of sorts, or at least impression, when i opened the thread

Well I have to wait for my sister to stop watching TV... but I have kinda figured out how to play without the Eye. This just proves it could be a stand alone card game if you want to take the time out to figure out wtf your doing, just like MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Those games took me about a week to figure out all the rules.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Onimusha12 said:

Sarcasm?  I'd be shocked if he didn't like it.  I mean, he does seem to really enjoy card games... as well as sony stuff.  There arn't any hugely bad reviews for the product.

The only downsides for the game are

1. You have to buy more cards. (Which he's used to as a card game player.)

2. As Penny arcade put it "Finding someone crazy enough to play with you." (Which he's used to... as a card game palyer.)

3. People who will either cheat or just spend a lot of money to get the best cards. (Which he's used to... as a card game player.)

Unless he overhyped himself i can't see him not liking it.  Considering how much he overhyped Folklore yet still enjoyed it, i don't see that happening either.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Onimusha12 said:

Sarcasm?  I'd be shocked if he didn't like it.  I mean, he does seem to really enjoy card games... as well as sony stuff.  There arn't any hugely bad reviews for the product.

2. As Penny arcade put it "Finding someone crazy enough to play with you." (Which he's used to... as a card game palyer.)

3. People who will either cheat or just spend a lot of money to get the best cards. (Which he's used to... as a card game player.)

Unless he overhyped himself i can't see him not liking it.  Considering how much he overhyped Folklore yet still enjoyed it, i don't see that happening either.

1.  didn"t know that, really?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kasz216 said:
Onimusha12 said:

Sarcasm? I'd be shocked if he didn't like it. I mean, he does seem to really enjoy card games... as well as sony stuff. There arn't any hugely bad reviews for the product.

3. People who will either cheat or just spend a lot of money to get the best cards. (Which he's used to... as a card game player.)

Unless he overhyped himself i can't see him not liking it. Considering how much he overhyped Folklore yet still enjoyed it, i don't see that happening either.

There's some card games I like other I dont. Naruto, DBZ, StarWars, and a few others all suck. But ya as  a card payer im used to beating people with the best cards =] I love my old Yu-Gi-Oh! dragon deck. I was the best player in HS (Junior/Senior years).

And Folklore isnt overhyped. IGN gave it a high score. A ton of AAA games fail. Okami for example. Great game, didnt sell that much. Okami was also IGN's GotY. =] 

good buy - I've already played it for about 40-50hours , although I only got it a bit more than a week ago

it's not as deep as Magic:The Gathering , but still there is a lot of strategy involved especially in trying to construct a balanced and powerful deck

there are various methods to change the flow of a game and win ,although it seemed like a lost case

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
Onimusha12 said:

Sarcasm? I'd be shocked if he didn't like it. I mean, he does seem to really enjoy card games... as well as sony stuff. There arn't any hugely bad reviews for the product.

3. People who will either cheat or just spend a lot of money to get the best cards. (Which he's used to... as a card game player.)

Unless he overhyped himself i can't see him not liking it. Considering how much he overhyped Folklore yet still enjoyed it, i don't see that happening either.

There's some card games I like other I dont. Naruto, DBZ, StarWars, and a few others all suck. But ya as  a card payer im used to beating people with the best cards =] I love my old Yu-Gi-Oh! dragon deck. I was the best player in HS (Junior/Senior years).

And Folklore isnt overhyped. IGN gave it a high score. A ton of AAA games fail. Okami for example. Great game, didnt sell that much. Okami was also IGN's GotY. =] 

I liked the DBZ game myself.  I didn't say folklore was overhyped in general, just by you... for one it was never a AAA game... as for comparing it to Okami.

Okami's Metacritic Score.  93.

Folklore. 74.

Lafiel said:

it's not as deep as Magic:The Gathering , but still there is a lot of strategy involved especially in trying to construct a balanced and powerful deck

MTG = Do I win turn 1 or turn 2?

MTG is a game where deck value and chances of winning are proportional and one that goes from really fun casual play to really nasty tournament-style play almost instantly.