By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the Wii have 100 million sellers by year's end?

Will the Wii have 100 million sellers by year's end?

Yes, of course! 48 36.09%

No, not at all 19 14.29%

Just make it 30 22.56%

Just a tad short 30 22.56%

What is the Wii? 6 4.51%

Total:133

Right now, the console has about 75 million sellers (Disney Sing and Punchout!! will be #74 and #75 this week respectively)

There are a couple that made good progress in 2009 and should leg it out (Just Dance?) in 2010.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

I put a tad short. I don't think it'll happen yet. But I'm purely guessing.
Though we'll wait and see

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I thought you meant that it would have games that sold over a hundred million. So confusing.

It's very possible, and I think it will happen. There are a lot of games that are close to a million right now on the Wii, and I expect some strong hardware sales next year at the $200 price point (which should help to boost software sales and create more million sellers).

25 more 1m sellers in 2010?    Hmmm...  Could be.  What concerns me is the glut of games on Wii.    There's simply too many, making shelf space to sparce and sales too spread out.

I'd say it'll be close but probably a little shy of 100, 1m sellers.

And a little shy of 1 100m seller (Wii Sports)

There are 73 million sellers on the Wii. Disney Sing It and Punch-Out!! will probably reach 1 million sales this week.

Games that probably are million sellers but are missing data:

Rock Band 2
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2

Also there is one more million seller Summer Sports: Paradise Island, it has it's sales divide in two entries, but together it goes over a million.

Games that I think will crawl to 1 million by the end of the year:

Endless Ocean
High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE!
Monster 4x4: World Circuit
Sega Superstars Tennis
Guitar Hero 5
Just Dance
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition

Unreleased games that will cross a million:

Zelda Wii
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy 2
PokéPark Wii
Whatever software will be bundled with the Vitality Sensor

In total that would 90 million selling games. The problem is I can't think of anything else that could sell over a million, sure there may be surprise releases or games that will crawl to a million out of nowhere. However 10 games isn't that much and I think the goal is achievable.

Around the Network

The Wii managed to get over 30 million sellers last years, so I'd say it will just make it

I'm going to say "it can happen"

Rhonin the wizard said:

There are 73 million sellers on the Wii. Disney Sing It and Punch-Out!! will probably reach 1 million sales this week.

Rock Band 2

Also there is one more million seller Summer Sports: Paradise Island, it has it's sales divide in two entries, but together it goes over a million.

Endless Ocean
Sega Superstars Tennis
Guitar Hero 5
Just Dance

Zelda Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
PokéPark Wii

In total that would 90 million selling games. The problem is I can't think of anything else that could sell over a million, sure there may be surprise releases or games that will crawl to a million out of nowhere. However 10 games isn't that much and I think the goal is achievable.

Endless Ocean has been discontinued for some time.    It'll never make it (unless there's missing data).  Endless Ocean 2 maybe.

Sega Superstars Tennis is another I don't think is still in circulation.  Sucked anyway.  Nice production just boring.

Gamerace said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Rock Band 2

Endless Ocean
Sega Superstars Tennis
Guitar Hero 5
Just Dance

Zelda Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
PokéPark Wii

Endless Ocean has been discontinued for some time.    It'll never make it (unless there's missing data).  Endless Ocean 2 maybe.

Sega Superstars Tennis is another I don't think is still in circulation.  Sucked anyway.  Nice production just boring.

Endless Ocean just needs 25,000 more copies sold. Also it was discontinued for USA, no word on Europe.

Sega Superstars Tennis sold 1,423 for the week ending 09th January 2010, but yeah it might not make it. It would have to sell about 1000 copies per week for the rest of the year.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Gamerace said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Endless Ocean
Sega Superstars Tennis
Guitar Hero 5
Just Dance

Endless Ocean just needs 25,000 more copies sold. Also it was discontinued for USA, no word on Europe.

Sega Superstars Tennis sold 1,423 for the week ending 09th January 2010, but yeah it might not make it. It would have to sell about 1000 copies per week for the rest of the year.

With Endless Ocean 2 out in a few weeks I can pretty much guarantee EO is gone in Europe too.   But it's close enough to be counted as a million.    Certainly within the margin or error.

How did Sega Tennis sell anything last week?   I havn't seen that title... oh wait... yes I have, packed in with a plastic racket.  ...Could happen.