By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Homophobia and other discrimination on live?

NiKKoM said:
Mummelmann said:
There are morons on the internet, deal with it.

that's life...

that sucks

Around the Network

This is what happens when you mix anonymity with youth. I have been living with it for years on the PC. The first thing I do for example when playing MW2 is mute anybody who utters a word. Shame I cannot mute text because that woud be heaven.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

The first thing I do every game to everyone is mute them. I've also trained my kids to do this. It sucks that it has to be this way but from my experience there seems to be a higher shit talking asshole to cool person ratio.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Has 100% of people in the world changed their views? nope. What kind of question is that anyway? It should be obvious nothing has changed. I don't even think it's discrimination anyway, f*g and homo are just too fun to not call other people that. That's why the should change the meaning to "douchers who ride their overly loud harleys to get some attention".

Seriously though, nothing is ever going to stop people from saying that unless 75% of the world's populations loses their balls (or in the case of lesbians, wishing they had some) and the overwhelming opinion against the slur succeeds. But even then Most gay people would be using it as an insult but with a different meaning, or just people they know it gets under somebodies skin like slurs and other insults do.

I just hate the whole anonymity of it. It's not just kids either, on facebook every christian group is trolled by preaching athiests who have no fucking life whatsoever. Then they pull the freedom of speech card, even though they know they're being stupid-ass dickholes. That's just a recent example that pisses me off. But the Same applies to everything with anonymity. There is no threat of them getting their ass kicked by the person they are insulting. Basically, they're pussies.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

There are always idiots online.

However voice chat was never prevalent until PS/XB hit so now they are just far more intrusive. Also the reason why I mute everyone immediately and blissfully kill anyone without giving a damn. This also includes my teams, which I guess sucks for them but oh well.

P.S. PC never had this problem because people have KBDs....

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
There are always idiots online.

However voice chat was never prevalent until PS/XB hit so now they are just far more intrusive. Also the reason why I mute everyone immediately and blissfully kill anyone without giving a damn. This also includes my teams, which I guess sucks for them but oh well.

P.S. PC never had this problem because people have KBDs....

WTF?

Have you ever played Counter Strike?

Actually things got better with Xbox Live, because you can mute player with one button. Is it the same on PSN? Playing CS on PC was like, open the console, type a command and the FULL name of the player, close the console, keep on playing.

But things are that bad when you play Forza Motorsport 3 for example. A more mature audience is the key. :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The word fag has evolved from just being used against homos. Everyone calls eachother fags nowadays.

slowmo said:
Blubeard said:
I remember once there were these three kkk members on halo 3 that I ran into. They were really obnoxious so I made a negative player review. I never saw them again. I love live.

Thats the point of the feature, I use it to avoid quitters and bad sports too.  I'm not a scrub and don't want to play with them.

My only problem with that system is from playing Halo 3. I'd have friends over, and we'd play social, and sometimes our team would be AWFUL, so my friends would proceed to TK them, and then we'd get kicked, then I'd get negative reports for leaving early -.- I didn't notice it for a while, but when my rating went from 100% positive to 50ish% positive after playing only Halo 3 for a while, I stopped having them over haha. But there's essentially nothing I can do to fix that, and it's all from Halo 3 social. I don't really care all that much, but I guess it bothers me from time to time.

Lurker said:
The word fag has evolved from just being used against homos. Everyone calls eachother fags nowadays.

Oh ok then I guess it's alright to use since everybody is calling each other fags.

Worst argument of the day.