By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Homophobia and other discrimination on live?

Phrancheyez said:
phxprovost said:
thats funny cause i could say the same thing every time i jump into a fps match on psn

Wait..what?  I've played online multiplayer on PSN quite a bit and it's a million times better than XBL in that aspect.  Why?  Cuz the console doesn't come with a mic, so most people don't have one.  And the kids have a hard time convincing their parents to spend even more money.

That is why I love that the PS3 doesn't come with a mic.  I hope it never does.  People can pay for their privilege to speak, or not speak.  That's how it should be, because while some kids can convince their parents to pony up the dough, most can't.  And kids are the biggest problem.  Teen-adult users for the most part make their own money and can buy their own shit. 

I agree.

I haven't been on XBL for almost a couple years but nothing on PSN I have so far come across is as bad as what I heard on XBL.

Maybe I've been lucky.

As many before said it's the internet, this sort of thing happens. Mute the chat.

I think it is very unlikely you will get the KKK on PSN as I doubt their members would buy a foreign console, they all will buy the x360.

Around the Network

Guys, i think the easiest solution is just to not put your mic on and turn the tv up a bit louder so u cant hear the 10 yr olds through the xbox

Just do what I do and stick to party chat. That's the only time I have my mic on, and I just mute everyone else on the rare occasion I'm playing Halo 3 online by myself.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

ever since you could type a message in an online game this has been a problem... I don't see why people complain about this shit so much... just report them and mute them and go on your way... if you get pissed you're just giving them ammo to throw at you

yeah that's not exclusive to live, there are certainly a lot of people like that on psn. It's much bigger than that though, almost no matter what game you play online you find these people. I've seen a million of these people playing PC games.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
There are morons on the internet, deal with it.

I'd just summarise that to there are lots of morons.

It's a shame, but that's what mute, grief reports, etc. are all about.  I'd like to see more ability to kick such gamers out of matches right there and then - ah the joys of being on a PC server with the admin online.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The average gamer being younger on XBL doesn't help either I guess... It's really a shame, those people should get more bans.

I know the last thing I want to hear when I go back from work and decide to play a bit is a 12 year old retarded kid screaming homophobic insults in my ears...

That's why I actually prefer PS3 are sold WITHOUT headsets... It's kind of an IQ test, you gotta go and buy a headset to be allowed to talk on PSN. ;)

mario64 said:

The average gamer being younger on XBL doesn't help either I guess... It's really a shame, those people should get more bans.

I know the last thing I want to hear when I go back from work and decide to play a bit is a 12 year old retarded kid screaming homophobic insults in my ears...

That's why I actually prefer PS3 are sold WITHOUT headsets... It's kind of an IQ test, you gotta go and buy a headset to be allowed to talk on PSN. ;)

Actually, that's somewhat true regarding headsets.  Overall I've experienced less annoyance on PSN than Live.  To be fair to the Live crowd, I'm sure that's more to do with the lack headsets on PSN vs the actual people playing on PSN.  Still, I guess it does cut down on the percentage chance of annoyance.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

can you kick people off the game on XBL?

phxprovost said:
thats funny cause i could say the same thing every time i jump into a fps match on psn

only in call of duty have I ever been called a niiger by ignorant gamers on psn, not ever in killzone. resistance, socom, warhark, battlefield (when the mics work) have I encountered the level of ingorant, immature, childish, and moronic gamers like I have in every call of duty game. I mean we get trash talking, all online shooters have that, but nothing went further than noob, you suck, GTFO, raped, and the mother of all insults You Just Got PWNED!!!!!!!!!!