By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Too much too taking oneself too serious self-importance going on?

Miguel_Zorro said:

I agree with pretty much everything in your post.  You might say that one contributing factor is the fact that most of the people who post here just aren't very intelligent.  Discuss. :)

Ugh... me no sure me agree with that.

Around the Network
Miguel_Zorro said:

I agree with pretty much everything in your post.  You might say that one contributing factor is the fact that most of the people who post here just aren't very intelligent.  Discuss. :)

if you think most of the People posting here are not very intelligent, then i guess you have never been to Gametrailers, N4G or *shudder* Youtube!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

It was clear this would happen, it happens with every form of entertainment when big money is involved and clearly competition.

When a single game can make a $1 billion that's going to be surrounded by analysts, opinions, etc.

With multiple consoles, exclusives, etc. you're going to get fanboys. DVD players don't see the same level of fanboys, etc. (despite selling more I'm sure) because they all do essentially the same thing, play DVDs, and there are no exclusives.

As a gamer videogames might be fun, but they are now big business and therefore taken seriously.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

richardhutnik, i like your threads =[]

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

It happens in every big industry now

I didn't knwo there were MOVIE FANATICS till I went to boxofficemjo forums

can you believe it, people are called "avatards" there meaning they are avatar fans & they bash TDK & tianic cus avatar will beat them at the box office!

I didn't know there were movie fanatics

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

can you believe it, people are called "avatards" there meaning they are avatar fans & they bash TDK & tianic cus avatar will beat them at the box office!

LOL! i found that out when i looked up the "Watchmen" page on IMDB and it got bashed by "THE Dark Knight" Fans :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

darthdevidem01 said:

On a somewhat related note, can you imagine the reactions of gamers if their favourite games were reviewed in the same style as movie reviews, with the pretentious, over the top critques? I seriously think we'd be looking at stalkings, or worse...

VGChartz

I think the op is taking oneself to seriously!!!! Who really cares what anybody writes are saids over the internet!!!!! I know no one really cares what I say over the internet,but that's not going to stop me from giving my opinion. It's all in good fun.

Parasitic said:
richardhutnik, i like your threads =[]

Thanks.  Considering my biases, and it looks you only own a PS3, that is good.

Well yes sir, but you didn't have to say it in so many words.

In any case we have a bad combination of some (but not enough) information, and bias filling in the gaps. Its just the nature of a site, if you invite professionals you get professional discussion and if you invite kids to talk about how well their video game sells...