By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think these games will end up being multiplat?

Do you think these games will end up being multiplat?

Yes all of them will 9 12.86%

No they wont 21 30.00%

Just Mass effect 15 21.43%

Just Agent 6 8.57%

Just FF13vs 7 10.00%

Just Splinter cell conviction 12 17.14%

Total:70
gimmickyWii said:
geddesmond2 said:
gimmickyWii said:
@geddesmond2
yeah but i still suspect theres more to it than just historical ties or the benefits of the exclusive label..maybe Rockstar & Sony had a special agreement

Well Rockstarr also said they wanted to create a game using all of the PS3's power without space limitations. Just remember for open world sandbox games there best shipped on 1 disc. You wouldn't want to play a sandbox game where as your driving to another part of the open world you need to swap discs and then swap discs back again upon returning.

so they would create a Super GTA IV which will require a huge investment, that is LIKELY to have a return of invertment lower than that if it was released on both consoles with normal gta iv level development..hmmm

dont get me wrong, exclusives can be great for us gamers, i just want to know the real reason behind the exclusiveness of AGENT.

Other than the reasons I gave you from what both companys have said already, what exactly do you think is going on? Your talking like theres a big conspiricy theory going on here lol.

Also how much do you think this games going to budget at.

Around the Network

I don't think Agent will. It's basically Sony's equivalent to the GTA episodes.

I don't expect it for any of them.

4 ≈ One

I'll go with Splinter Cell. Haven't they always been multi platform in the end?

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Tbone said:
Agent - I doubt it consider Sony made a deal with 2k but again who knows.

Mass effect - Personally i think this has more chance of going to ps3 than Versus 13 going multi after all its Ea.

Versus 13 - Unless they announce it at E3 i don´t think so.

Splinter cell conviction - I doubt Ubisoft has ignored the sales coming from AC1 and AC2 which means it could be timed exclusive.

A contract doesn't guarantee exclusivity. Rockstar North had a contract with Sony for the GTA series back in the PS2 days and all three PS2 GTA games got ported to not only PC but also the Xbox. These exclusivity deals are only for 1 year. Bully and Manhunt were also PS2 exclusive and those got ported.

That said, I think Agent will remain exclusive. Due to the whole space issue that geddesmond2 brought up. I believe Rockstar North or 2K has already said before that it will be PS3 exclusive because for an open-world sandbox game, Blu-Ray is a better format. They have a lot more space to play with on Blu-Ray. They felt limited by how much they can pack into GTAIV (you can fit a highly detailed city on a 6.8 GB DVD but take into account all those cutscenes, voice acting, etc. and it all adds up) because they didn't want to force the end-user to swap discs. For an open-world game, that's a pain in the ass.

As for Mass Effect, I could see EA doing it since it's EA but western RPGs sell poorly on the PS3 compared to the 360. And with a late port, the sales would suffer even more on the PS3.

Versus 13 might remain exclusive if the FF13 360 pre-order sales are anything to go by. FF13 PS3 pre-orders are slightly more than double right now. If Versus 13 was timed exclusive, the gap would be worse than the FF13 gap.

I see Splinter Cell Conviction going to PS3. The last Splinter Cell was ported to PS3 IIRC.

Around the Network

Agent - No, 2K made a contract with Sony to make like 3 exclusives games for them.

Versus XIII - No, it would have been announced by now, just like FF XIII. Plus Nomura keeps saying its going to stay PS3 exclusive worldwide.

Mass Effect 2 - There is a possibility, but I think MS has some sort of contract to at least keep it a timed exclusive and EA owns the IP.

Splinter Cell Conviction - Not too sure about this one, since I don't know that much about its development history, but since the other Splinter Cells were on Playstation, there is still a possibility for this to become Multiplat also.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Agent - Well, given the Houser's complaints of DVD space limitations, and the fact that there's a contract that secures this game's exclusivity, I doubt it. Possible though.

Mass Effect series - I don't know. BioWare developing for PS3 in-house could be a sign, but unless hard evidence comes in, I'll say no.

Splinter Cell: Conviction - Given that they've designed the UE2 to take advantage of the Xbox 360's hardware, I doubt it, since porting will be quite difficult.

FF Versus XIII - As with Agent, space could be a huge issue here, as well as the engine. Not only that, but Nomura is quite supportive of the PlayStation brand, so it's quite doubtful.

So all in all, I voted "No they won't".

Mass Effect is the only one that's probable, but I doubt it.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

XxXProphecyXxX said:

Well do you think these following games will end up being multiplat?

*Agent

*Mass effect

*Splinter cell conviction

*FF13versus

lol Mass Effect and SC Conviction are already multiplat. The other two can become too.

daggy said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Well do you think these following games will end up being multiplat?

*Agent

*Mass effect

*Splinter cell conviction

*FF13versus

lol Mass Effect and SC Conviction are already multiplat. The other two can become too.

He's referring strictly to consoles.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Two of those games are already multiplat since they are on 360/PC and you didn't say console exclusive anywhere. Therefore, locking