By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which virtual console games would you reccomend?

Most definitely Actraiser and Super Metroid.

Around the Network
NintendoTogepi said:
DarkNight_DS said:
Garcian Smith said:
@ DarkNight_DS: Seriously? A shovelware NES game? Beyond Oasis is universally regarded to have some of the best graphics and music on the Genesis. Not to mention the fact that the combat system is incredibly deep for a Genesis game - if you only used the basic attack, rather than experimenting with combos, I can see why you would get bored with it. Finally, how far did you make it? As with Zelda games, BO starts off pretty slow, but there's a lot of intriguing puzzles and such that make use of your elemental spirits, lots of weapons to learn, and some pretty tough combat situations later on.

You're probably just not used to the Genesis' system capabilities, from the sound of it. Despite having more processing power than the SNES, the Genesis can't match it in 2-D effects or sound. But I'd highly recommend picking it up again and playing through more than just the first hour or so.

Why is NintendoTogepi not listening to recommendations from people when they are giving their opinion (that he asked for). Many of us have suggested Super Metroid and he still hasn't bought it...?

I'm not gonna buy games right anyway...I need to research it well.

Is it better then Metroid? I played that at a friends and I hated it. He hated it too.

Yes, it's way better then the original game. It has some similarities but most of it is an all new imagining of what Metroid is. Just watch a video of the game in action. Some of the bosses are still up there as being the best boss fights you'll ever have in a game. The music is incredible, the ambiance is cool. There is nothing bad to say about Super Metroid.

Donkey Kong Country 1:

Donkey Kong Country 2:

Here is a pretty good vid of Actraiser: (Ignore the slow downs, the actual game doesn't have this issue)

Beyond Oasis (I don't recommend this but someone else did, that music is so grating):

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Punch out is a incredible game. Try it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Super Metroid......