By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which will be the better RPG FFXIII or FFversusXIII

perpride said:
This thread showcases PS3/Nomura fanboyism to the max. How can anybody claim that Versus XIII will be better just based on a couple of CGI trailers & Nomura being the director? How could you like or hate Noctic based on the nothing that's been shown of him?

Final Fantasy XIII is made by the team that made FFX. It's already OUT in Japan and many people including me own the full version of the game. Yet you all know that versus is going to be better because it's got a darker feel? Kingdom Hearts style battle system is completely destroyed by Final Fantasy XIII, sorry Soriku.

Finally an opinion from someone who's played FF13

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I will make clear statements ont he spin off label this game has

"the spin-off label" won't affect its quality at all

what it will affect is the sales of the games, in a negative way.

Are you serious?

Maybe "being a spinoff" isn't that helpful but come on... being a Final Fantasy spinoff can never be that bad, especially if the quality of the game will be on par with a canon FF game, which can help it reach a canon FF sales.

yes I am being serious, deny it all you want

when gamers see "FFXIII" & then "FF Versus XIII" on the same shelf, one will be seen as a "side entry" & one as the "main game"

that is how perception works.

@Lestatdark

FFX-2 is compeltely different case, it has the words FFX & then a  2....signifying its a sequel

FFX sold 8 Million, it was a direct sequel to that with same characters & same world.

FF Versus XIII has different characters & a different world & a word before XIII, its not the main game like it or not & won't be seen as one by the majority of the public = lower sales than FFXIII

But they won't only see the game on shelves, they will have different commercials, different review on websites and magazines, gamers today don't look at boxes to choose game.

Anyway Darth, I didn't say that Versus will have better sales, I said that it is possible, if it wil be a spinoff that is considered better than the original, just like World of Warcrat, to Warcraft :)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

lcortes88 said:

Hi im new to this site and i just want to see what u guys think which will be a better game out of FFXIII or FFversusXIII... I think FFversusXIII will be the better game based on the trailer on youtube... it just seems darker and IMO it has better characters and A VERY beautiful Female Antagonist....

One doesn't even need to know the names.  Just figure out whichever one is exclusive, and say that one.  Since Final Fantasy is key in the fanboy wars, it is key to list the exclusive one.

Huya said:
Munkeh111 said:
How are we meant to know without any real gameplay details from Versus

Pretty much nothing is known from versus yet for all the fanboys its the game where square will redeem itself>.>

Just like Agent.   It HAS to be good, and awesome, because it is a console exclusive.

lcortes88 said:
CAN U PEOPLE STOP IT WITH THIS STUPID 360 vs ps3 we all love games so we should love both systems... and i asked for FFXIII vs FFversusXIII not for 360 vs ps3...

You may want to hang out on a videogame forum for a few months, before posting like this.  In a forum full of partisans, your answer is going to be whatever each side feels would best enable their preferred console to rule.  So, on that note, I will say Mass Effect franchise!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Are you serious?

Maybe "being a spinoff" isn't that helpful but come on... being a Final Fantasy spinoff can never be that bad, especially if the quality of the game will be on par with a canon FF game, which can help it reach a canon FF sales.

when gamers see "FFXIII" & then "FF Versus XIII" on the same shelf, one will be seen as a "side entry" & one as the "main game"

@Lestatdark

FFX-2 is compeltely different case, it has the words FFX & then a  2....signifying its a sequel

FFX sold 8 Million, it was a direct sequel to that with same characters & same world.

FF Versus XIII has different characters & a different world & a word before XIII, its not the main game like it or not & won't be seen as one by the majority of the public = lower sales than FFXIII

I know that the setting was different for FFX-2 and I agree that FFXVIII will have a harder time than it had. But being in the same mythology and sharing the same name with FFXIII will allow it to have a bit more initial impact than if it was completely separated from the XIII name.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Are you serious?

@Lestatdark

But they won't only see the game on shelves, they will have different commercials, different review on websites and magazines, gamers today don't look at boxes to choose game.

Anyway Darth, I didn't say that Versus will have better sales, I said that it is possible, if it wil be a spinoff that is considered better than the original, just like World of Warcrat, to Warcraft :)

the team that is making FF Versus XIII has had less critical success than the team thats making FF13, i.e. FFX team

I am quite surprised some people assume "Nomura = best quality", when the team that has made FF13 has just about made better games than nomura ever has

Cleary stated in the S-E press brief & the FF13 e-mail they sent to people -- FF13 is made by people who made FF7 & FF10

The people who made FF7 & FF10 have always delivered better quality than nomura, so my assumption here is that versus XIII won't be of better quality.

In the end lets see what happens, I am just happy to have both on PS3.

lestatdark said:
Hero_time88 said:
If FFvsXIII is a more conservative or traditional game, i'd say Versus.

It will be far from conservative or traditional, since it's beign developed by the same team from KH and Advent Children, plus Nomura himself has hinted that's it's going to be more action oriented, like the KH battle system and the battle scenes in Advent Children.

Of course this can all change, I guess we'll have to wait and see xD 

Haven't people complained the issue with FF 13 is that it is too action-oriented at this point?  I have people call it a FPS, and not like it as a result.

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RageBot said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Are you serious?

@Lestatdark

I know that the setting was different for FFX-2 and I agree that FFXVIII will have a harder time than it had. But being in the same mythology and sharing the same name with FFXIII will allow it to have a bit more initial impact than if it was completely separated from the XIII name.

Yes it will benefit from the XIII name most definetely. (if the XIII name becomes big)

Yes but it will still sell nowhere near FF13 does.

richardhutnik said:
lestatdark said:
Hero_time88 said:
If FFvsXIII is a more conservative or traditional game, i'd say Versus.

It will be far from conservative or traditional, since it's beign developed by the same team from KH and Advent Children, plus Nomura himself has hinted that's it's going to be more action oriented, like the KH battle system and the battle scenes in Advent Children.

Of course this can all change, I guess we'll have to wait and see xD 

Haven't people complained the issue with FF 13 is that it is too action-oriented at this point?  I have people call it a FPS, and not like it as a result.

Most fans don't have an issue with it being more fast action-oriented. If you look around and talk to people who have played the game, or look at reviews and previews, that's one of the biggest plus that FFXIII has. 

What you see is the vocal minority of fans that dislike anything that's FF after FF6, the "elitists" so to speak. Those will make case with any FF, even if it was made by Kefka himself XD

@Darth

Of course it won't sell as well as FFXIII, even FFX-2 did less than FFX, that's almost a guarantee. That doesn't mean that it may or may not have equal or better quality than FFXIII, but as for now, we cannot tell. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"