By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The nintendo wii sucks??

At the beginning of this console generation, I bought a nintendo because the ps3 was too expensive to get from the begginning, but the xbox never appealed to me at that time. So I bought a wii and thought it was great...... for 2 months. After that I just hated it deeply, but I never admited it. I mean there was zelda twilight princess, that was the only game I really liked when the system launched. A year later in 07, I started to like the wii a little more. Metroid 3 and galaxy were released. But thats all. Those 2 games were the only 2 games i actually was inrested in 07. In 08, that was the worst year ever for the wii. title after title, the wii would only get shovel ware. Then brawl, and mario kart wii were released. I played both games for a week, then I got bored and never touched them again. In 09 there was nothing! Only mario bros wii and I am not willing to pay 50 bucks for a 4 year old ds game with different levels and no online co-op mode.

My point is, the wii sucks! I hate to admit it but it does.

In halfway through 08, I had enough. I just quit the wii, sold it and bought an xbox 360. The 360 was much better, but I just didnt like it too much. I sold the 360 in about 4 months and got a ps3 with the money, paid 300 for the fat ps3 at bestbuy and it came with killzone 2 and mgs4 for free ( the slim was just announced at tht time). So I have now fallen in love with the ps3. So many great exclusives like uncharted,killzone,demons souls, infamous, mgs4 etc...  So you get the point. Dont get me wrong, I liked the 360 but I don't like halo and the ps3 had too many great exclusives. Besides I got a pc to play mass effect.

Back to main point of this thread, the wii sucks.

Terrible online, terrible graphics, I hate motion ( I HOPE NATAL AND SONY WAND FAIL MISERABLY), and every game that is multiplatform and is on the wii sucks in comparision to the ps360 versions. I can barely name 15 good wii games. In fact, I cant. Give me 15 games on the wii that were rated 9.0 or higher in ign or gamespot (I don't feel like taking the time to do so). For the ps3 and 360, thats a snap too do. I am so dissapointed with nintendo I don't know where to start.

The motion is a stupid gimmic that should of never been made, too many games are ruined by it.

the graphics are last gen, this is what hurts me the most.  Nintendo hasn't advanced in tech besides the stupid motion which was being done with the NES with the power glove. Nintendo is lazy.

Nintendo games sell so much it gets me angry.

Mario kart wii - 20.84 million!! Forza 3 - 2.29 million!!!
Thats a huge difference!! Nintendo is tricking people with mario, they put mario's name on a title and its a 10 mil seller or higher.
Forza is such a better game and more advanced the mk wii, and is has only sold a fraction of the copies mk wii has sold. I know there different types of racers but Come on!! Modnation racers is at 0.0 mil, im not sure if it is supposed to be like that but its a better game then mk wii and it will prob go and sell about .10 mil copies!!

new mario bros wii - 10.54 mil!!!!!! (released in nov.)
Ratchet and clank future crack in time - .71 mil!!!! (released in oct.)

Racthet and clank a crack in time is a wayyyy better game then new mario bros wii!!!!
I just don't understand why people buy mario so much!!!!!

Mario galaxy - 8.48 mil
smash bros wii - 8.46 mil
metroid prime 3 - 1.55 mil

metroid triliogy - .43 mil

mario + sonic at the olympic games - 7.51 mil!!!!
This is just mini games!!!!!

As you can see the only games that sell crazy on the wii system are mario games, and most don't deserve! Another thing that hurts me is that there are better games on ps3/360 that won't make it past 1 mil. Some on the wii too.

I am trying to show how nintendo over uses mario, and whenever they release a mario game they get huge amounts of money. I mean mraio bros wii is just recycled content! Mario and sonic at the olympic games is just a bunch of mini games!! I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!

I challenge you to get me 15 quality wii games (9.0 or higher) from either ign or gamespot!

Then try it with the ps3/360 it should be a snap. I mean ps3 already has two games rated 10/10 (mgs 4 and gta 4)

I am just frustrated at how people will buy anything nintendo throws at them as long as it has mario's name on it.

I am very dissapointed with nintendo Ign has started to lose its intrest in nintendo wii, I mean they dont even have a trophy/ achievement system. Tell me what you think.

Around the Network

Enjoy your ban.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

everytime a negative media article about the wii surfaces, haters with noob posts comes out with their own troll threads. its a new trend.

To you maybe it does, but many families around the world love it and enjoy playing its fine selection of mega selling games with each other, which can't be bad.

I'm afraid Hardcore is now the minority.

Grow up and move on, troll.

Around the Network
beast024 said:

At the beginning of this console generation, I bought a nintendo because the ps3 was too expensive to get from the begginning, but the xbox never appealed to me at that time. So I bought a wii and thought it was great...... for 2 months. After that I just hated it deeply, but I never admited it. I mean there was zelda twilight princess, that was the only game I really liked when the system launched. A year later in 07, I started to like the wii a little more. Metroid 3 and galaxy were released. But thats all. Those 2 games were the only 2 games i actually was inrested in 07. In 08, that was the worst year ever for the wii. title after title, the wii would only get shovel ware. Then brawl, and mario kart wii were released. I played both games for a week, then I got bored and never touched them again. In 09 there was nothing! Only mario bros wii and I am not willing to pay 50 bucks for a 4 year old ds game with different levels and no online co-op mode.

My point is, the wii sucks! I hate to admit it but it does.

In halfway through 08, I had enough. I just quit the wii, sold it and bought an xbox 360. The 360 was much better, but I just didnt like it too much. I sold the 360 in about 4 months and got a ps3 with the money, paid 300 for the fat ps3 at bestbuy and it came with killzone 2 and mgs4 for free ( the slim was just announced at tht time). So I have now fallen in love with the ps3. So many great exclusives like uncharted,killzone,demons souls, infamous, mgs4 etc...  So you get the point. Dont get me wrong, I liked the 360 but I don't like halo and the ps3 had too many great exclusives. Besides I got a pc to play mass effect.

Back to main point of this thread, the wii sucks.

Terrible online, terrible graphics, I hate motion ( I HOPE NATAL AND SONY WAND FAIL MISERABLY), and every game that is multiplatform and is on the wii sucks in comparision to the ps360 versions. I can barely name 15 good wii games. In fact, I cant. Give me 15 games on the wii that were rated 9.0 or higher in ign or gamespot (I don't feel like taking the time to do so). For the ps3 and 360, thats a snap too do. I am so dissapointed with nintendo I don't know where to start.

The motion is a stupid gimmic that should of never been made, too many games are ruined by it.

the graphics are last gen, this is what hurts me the most.  Nintendo hasn't advanced in tech besides the stupid motion which was being done with the NES with the power glove. Nintendo is lazy.

Nintendo games sell so much it gets me angry.

Mario kart wii - 20.84 million!! Forza 3 - 2.29 million!!!
Thats a huge difference!! Nintendo is tricking people with mario, they put mario's name on a title and its a 10 mil seller or higher.
Forza is such a better game and more advanced the mk wii, and is has only sold a fraction of the copies mk wii has sold. I know there different types of racers but Come on!! Modnation racers is at 0.0 mil, im not sure if it is supposed to be like that but its a better game then mk wii and it will prob go and sell about .10 mil copies!!

new mario bros wii - 10.54 mil!!!!!! (released in nov.)
Ratchet and clank future crack in time - .71 mil!!!! (released in oct.)

Racthet and clank a crack in time is a wayyyy better game then new mario bros wii!!!!
I just don't understand why people buy mario so much!!!!!

Mario galaxy - 8.48 mil
smash bros wii - 8.46 mil
metroid prime 3 - 1.55 mil

metroid triliogy - .43 mil

mario + sonic at the olympic games - 7.51 mil!!!!
This is just mini games!!!!!

As you can see the only games that sell crazy on the wii system are mario games, and most don't deserve! Another thing that hurts me is that there are better games on ps3/360 that won't make it past 1 mil. Some on the wii too.

I am trying to show how nintendo over uses mario, and whenever they release a mario game they get huge amounts of money. I mean mraio bros wii is just recycled content! Mario and sonic at the olympic games is just a bunch of mini games!! I mean come on!!!!!!!!!!

I challenge you to get me 15 quality wii games (9.0 or higher) from either ign or gamespot!

Then try it with the ps3/360 it should be a snap. I mean ps3 already has two games rated 10/10 (mgs 4 and gta 4)

I am just frustrated at how people will buy anything nintendo throws at them as long as it has mario's name on it.

I am very dissapointed with nintendo Ign has started to lose its intrest in nintendo wii, I mean they dont even have a trophy/ achievement system. Tell me what you think.

15 games?

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

World of Goo

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Guitar Hero 5

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

Okami

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Tetris Party

MadWorld

Rock Band 2

The Beatles: Rock Band

DJ Hero

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

i already own 28 games for the wii not counting tenkaichi 3,wii sports,and wii play. so i dont have the problem you do. it seems you are out of luck with the wii. enjoy your ps3. ill get around to one eventually.

400 of these threads already came out, This month! This is flamebait. Also you are new to trolling I see. learn the ways of /b my son.

My name is blubeard because rosie has a blue beard. Just not on her chest.

beast024 said:

I think that your value sets are very different from those that Nintendo are adhering to this generation, but I also think you may not be giving the Wii a fair shake.

I wonder how long the ban is gonna be? I swear whenever the the wii has a mammoth game (NSMBW) somebody pops out to ruin it for everyone. Not just users but the media too.