By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - As the market leader, do the wii get the respect it deserved?

No respect period. No respect from MS and Sony, no respect for third party, no respect from many gamers.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
How much respect does it deserve then? Is there some set measure?

respect = intangible value

which is very hard to measure in "per unit" terms..but based on personal experiences i can fairly assume that Wii doesn't have respect from the gaming industry + media and majority here agrees. The reasons though can be subjective/controversial, for example, my first point in the OT. IMO aspects like graphics, quality of games, advance service offerings..etc drives the current industry foward, things IMO the HD twins does better than the Wii.

Developers hate it, people love it, MS and Sony envy it, 360 and PS3 are trying to copy it but, by the end of the day it's aways the center of attention. Thats all the respect it needs tbh....is long is I get my Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Smash, other great nintendo games, and the once in a while decent 3rd party game I'm good^___^

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

The "Game Industry" as a whole certainly doesn´t like the Wii.

As for me, well what I do respect is the whole approach Nintendo took with this system...in a nutshell, their strategy this gen was to go back to their roots, to make the Wii something like a "NES 2.0"....anyone who knows a bit of gaming history, especially when it comes to the NES, will see some striking similarities between 1986 and 2006.

Around the Network

No, not even close.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)