By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I hope you have a "turn off blood" feature in No More Heroes X_X

It would be nice to turn the blood into those japan coin thingies

Around the Network

the blood wouldn't bother me. I have seen Kill Bill enough =D

From what I've seen, I believe extravagant amounts of blood work pretty well with this game. I don't like the Manhunt games or the Saw movies (except for the first), but the tongue-in-cheek attitude of NMH gives it an extremely distinct style that could turn it into a cult classic, even if it wouldn't sell too good.

Of course you won't be old enough to play it for quite a while yet, so you should be uncomfortable with it. =P

Soriku, you realize this is a Mature rated game. Suda has said that this going to be a very bloody game.

And there are good "M" games that aren't shooters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
The Japanese get a version with the black clouds and coins when you kill a guy, but the EU and US versions get all the blood. Honestly, I DO NOT want all that blood spurting out. You slash a guy in half and a fountain of blood comes out. That's disgusting, no offence.

Killer 7 had a blood and pixel feauture. You can have either or. I hope you can do that with NMH X_X

What are your thoughts about this?

Young boy, this game is so M-rated you shouldn't even be allowed to start a topic for it.

Just kidding, of course! I think what we should be anticipating more is what the ESRB is gonna do with it. I, personally, don't think they'll touch it because it's not as well known as Manhunt, and I want the blood in this since it's part of the presentation. I'm not a big fan of the killing for fear thing that Manhunt did, because I don't think it's done well enough. Very few games/movies can actually make the violence relevent enough to the story for me to think I actually need to see it. Good example of it would be RE4, where the "terror" is a very significant part of the gameplay. With NMH, I think that since it'll be so stylized (with the cel shading) they'll let it through with all the blood.

If there isn't an option to turn the blood off, you could just wear glasses that you've spray-painted black (or really dark sunglasses) and that way the blood would at least appear to be those black pixel clouds.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Soriku said:
Honestly, it's just too much...

The game isn't for you anyway. Or do you play a lot of M-rated games? You shouldn't play these games. Or maybe you just need to have the right age to be able to appreciate M-rated games. Once you are 14 years old, we'll discuss if there's really too much blood in No More Heroes, okay?

Until then, look forward to Kingdom Hearts III on the Mac.

I don't think it has much to do with age, I'm well over the age to play M rated games and I have little to no interest in them. I always find myself wondering why there's never anything smart, it's always just based on blood boobs drugs and language.. why can't they have more complex things?

I'm 28 and have a complete disinterest in such games (uber gory), although if there's an option to turn off gore in NMH, then I may be interested in it. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

The over-the-top blood fountains are an appealing part of the game's style to me, bringing to mind the uber-violent animes that shocked me when I was young, such as Ninja Scroll and Akira. And yes, also some Kill Bill influence, I think.

However, since they've put out a version that doesn't have high-pressure crimson paint nozzles, there's no reason they shouldn't put an option to tone things down for those who don't appreciate the juice-squirting madness. They could even turn it off by default, as long as I can have my sanguine torrential downpours.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

i'd prefer the huge amounts of blood...it's just part of the game's style really.

This game is rated M, which means if you're under 18, you really shouldn't be playing these games, as you're likely not mature enough to handle buckets of blood.

That doesn't mean people over 18 are automatically mature, or ok with blood either...I'm cool with it though...heck, TF2's got loads of gibs haha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm 24 and I agree with Soriku. It seems unnecessary. I like the Japanese version better.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.