By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
no big releases for a while... and I don't expect Galaxy to sell more than 200k in its opening week. 200k is the best case scenario for the game IMO

With 500-600k in the first shipment?  No chance it's that low, and honestly could be as high as 400k.  Should rather easily be the best selling console game for Q2.

Nintendo said they're shipping 500k-600k first week?

Around the Network
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
no big releases for a while... and I don't expect Galaxy to sell more than 200k in its opening week. 200k is the best case scenario for the game IMO

With 500-600k in the first shipment?  No chance it's that low, and honestly could be as high as 400k.  Should rather easily be the best selling console game for Q2.

No, that's what the JP retail blogs are saying.  For reference Galaxy 1 sold ~260k 1st week.

jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

No, that's what the JP retail blogs are saying.  For reference Galaxy 1 sold ~260k 1st week.

Oh, alright. And I change my prediction to 300k instead of 200k, with that said I expect Galaxy 2 to sell less than Galaxy 1 lifetime (in Japan that is).

thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

Oh, alright. And I change my prediction to 300k instead of 200k, with that said I expect Galaxy 2 to sell less than Galaxy 1 lifetime (in Japan that is).

I agree that lifetime will probably be lower than Galaxy 1's million (though YSO predicts a million shipped).  Still, the game's going to move over 800k before it drops off the charts.  It may actually be the biggest console seller launching this year, and is guaranteed to the biggest new release for the first half.

5/3 :

1. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 326pt (+4)
2. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 97pt
3. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages - 79pt
4. [PSP] Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-2nd - 76pt (+2)
5. [PSP] Fate/Extra (Limited Edition) - 75pt
6. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 73pt
7. [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 67pt (+1)
8. [NDS] Super Robot Wars OG Saga - 64pt
9. [360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online - 52pt
10. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 (Spark) - 36pt
11. [PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 - 34pt (+1)
12. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 3 (Bomber) - 33pt
13. [PS3] Lost Planet 2 - 31pt
14. [NDS] Love Plus + - 27pt
15. [PSP] Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Yakusoku no Hi e - 26pt
16. [PS3] BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Limited Edition) - 23pt
17. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid Rising - 20pt
18. [PSP] Hakuouki: Yuugi Roku (Limited Edition) - 19pt
19. [PSP] Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airu Village - 17pt
20. [NDS] Medabots - 17pt

Around the Network

slow preorders.... guess its ok for MHP3rd since theres no release date for it yet lol...
but games like SMG2 needs more preorders...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

I agree that lifetime will probably be lower than Galaxy 1's million (though YSO predicts a million shipped).  Still, the game's going to move over 800k before it drops off the charts.  It may actually be the biggest console seller launching this year, and is guaranteed to the biggest new release for the first half.

If GT5 actually releases, it'll be interesting to see how the two will do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

Yeah, GT5 could go either way imo.  I get the feeling Sony's going to heavily bundle the game (like they did GT5P, which essentially doubled it's sales for "free") but there's a lot of variables in there.   I feel pretty safe in saying both Galaxy 2 and GT5 will be in the same territory (800k-1m).

The only other contenders are DQM Battle Road Wii (which could also go either way... stall out around 500k or cruise past a million) and if it can release this year FF versus XIII (probably around a million, 900k at worst).  Zelda's a wildcard too, but it's coming so late in the year most likely that I doubt it'll get enough sales upfront to be a real contender.

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

Yeah, GT5 could go either way imo.  I get the feeling Sony's going to heavily bundle the game (like they did GT5P, which essentially doubled it's sales for "free") but there's a lot of variables in there.   I feel pretty safe in saying both Galaxy 2 and GT5 will be in the same territory (800k-1m).

The only other contenders are DQM Battle Road Wii (which could also go either way... stall out around 500k or cruise past a million) and if it can release this year FF versus XIII (probably around a million, 900k at worst).  Zelda's a wildcard too, but it's coming so late in the year most likely that I doubt it'll get enough sales upfront to be a real contender.

I agree completely. Release dates (and Sony's strategy for the game) with the biggest contender.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:
jarrod said:
thelalaby said:

You expect to what essentially is a main-entry in the series despite it's name, to sell half of what FFXIII did? I think it will sell about the same as FFXIII, maybe even better if the word of mouth is more positive, but then again we have only seen one cut-scene and a couple of CGI trailers and you are putting in the same league as Dissidia and Crisis Core.