By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

ExtremeBrawler said:
This chart is so good.
MH3G - 422pt
MH3 - 369pt

Super Mario 3D Land- 94pt
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 95pt

3D Land almost recovered the gap with Galaxy 2
Galaxy was still under 60pt at the same distance from release.
It ended with 201pt, doing 251k at the release.
Instead, Galaxy 2 ended with 313pt, and it did 340k:obviously, the Comgnet / Real sales ratio decreases with the increase of the install base...if the ratio is the same as Galaxy, even if it does 313pt as Galaxy 2, it would do almost 400k.

I wouldn't take it like science no. There's still no correlation between sales and comgnet points. But for Nintendo 3DS games it's been around 1:1. If it ends up at 300 points it could translate to 250-350k sales. But it do higher or lower. So we cant say for sure

And @ Giggs: FF13-2 is not 28 days from release? 

Around the Network

@kop: FFXIII-2 is out on 15th December, so a little less than two months away... not 28 days for sure :P
About Mario: it's true that Comgnet is NOT a perfect science, but there are some events, some peculiarities about certain games that tend to repeat themselves, and to be even bigger under certain conditions.
For example, main Mario series: they tend to sell more than what Comgnet preorders say. And since at the beginning of the life of a console, there aren't lots of customers preordering games (install base is growing), we can expect to see a even stronger version of this trend with 3D Land.
However, we have to see where it will end: now, it's following kind of a similar pattern to Galaxy 2.

MH3G so far is VERY good, guys.
It isn't even so far from MHP2nd (430-450pt), and that came out in the third full year of PSP on the market..

Very good MH3G numbers. It seems 3DS will gain a good boost.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

9 pts for Kirby!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

KIRBY!!! It's doin better than Epic Yarn!

I'm sorry. I had to change the table. It's a lot easier for me to do it using Excel.

Whatever is simpler for you :)

3D Land is doing very good

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

God, so the no online news indeed hurt the game