By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:

kay kay kay kay kay kay kay

{explodes}

she is the one that says kay all the time, right.

No I'm pretty sure she's from the Ar Tonelico III trailer...

oh

they all look the same, they aren't unique & recognisable like the characters in a certain game releasing on march 9th!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of either ToV or SO4. Not a fan of the Tales combat system I guess. I beat ToV but couldn't be arsed to play more than a few hours of SO4 (I rented it). Especially for a rental, I'm not going to trudge through a bunch of gameplay I don't like in order to (hopefully) get to the good part. Waste of time. I think it's because I can't find myself too excited about real-time jrpgs where you control a party. Something like Muramasa is more up my alley. I don't want a traditional jrpg with watered down action. I want an action game with watered down traditional jrpg elements.

Though traditional jrpgs still seem enjoyable on handhelds to me. Played some of Etrian Odyssey II recently (it has quick save so I chose that over EO1 since my DS battery seems to be really worn out and seems to lose battery life during sleep mode too) and I get enjoyment out of that. It's a throwback to jrpgs when they used to be about gameplay, not melodrama and cutscenes. Even with the same old Wizardry/Dragon Quest-esque combat setup, there is something about the gameplay that makes you want to continue and doesn't seem like a chore in the way that home console traditional jrpgs do. Maybe I subconsciously have different expectations or different needs from a home console than I do a handheld.

loves2splooge said:

I'm not a fan of either ToV or SO4. Not a fan of the Tales combat system I guess. I beat ToV but couldn't be arsed to play more than a few hours of SO4 (I rented it). Especially for a rental, I'm not going to trudge through a bunch of gameplay I don't like in order to (hopefully) get to the good part. Waste of time. I think it's because I can't find myself too excited about real-time jrpgs where you control a party. Something like Muramasa is more up my alley. I don't want a traditional jrpg with watered down action. I want an action game with watered down traditional jrpg elements.

Though traditional jrpgs still seem enjoyable on handhelds to me. Played some of Etrian Odyssey II recently (it has quick save so I chose that over EO1 since my DS battery seems to be really worn out and seems to lose battery life during sleep mode too) and I get enjoyment out of that. It's a throwback to jrpgs when they used to be about gameplay, not melodrama and cutscenes. Even with the same old Wizardry/Dragon Quest-esque combat setup, there is something about the gameplay that makes you want to continue and doesn't seem like a chore in the way that home console traditional jrpgs do. Maybe I subconsciously have different expectations or different needs from a home console than I do a handheld.

I also felt the gameplay was less of chore on handheld JRPG's

I think it boiled down to it being much more fast paced, in dragon quest a random battle would probably be over for me within 4 seconds

in a home console JRPG it can take upto half a minute to beat a random enemy.

Soriku said:

Many traditional console RPGs now are pretty fast paced actually...even on consoles. This is a plus with the newer gen fo games..fast battles + no random battles (except on handhelds sometimes :/). If they're not it's just a design problem not some sort of stigma that console RPG battles should take longer.

Where are you in Persona 4 btw darth? That's a game where battles can be over in a few seconds or battles can take a little while but mostly because it's because enemies are tough and not just that enemies have high HP.

You probably haven't beat it and should find the time to beat the game ASAP...I'm telling you this the same way I told you to beat TWEWY where you'll be glad you did.

Lets just say persona 4 & me didn't gel.

I found the setting ok, the world that they go int he TV is so dull & boring its unbelievable.

soriku TWEWY had a soul & personality to it & amazing music, persona 4 for me was dull & lifeless, I was around 6 hours in when I decided to call it quits.

Then I got Dragon Quest V the next day & boy is that RPG amazing.

Posting to look at the future updates.

Around the Network

http://nipponsalesage.blogspot.com/2010/01/comgnet-123.html

DQ6- 851 (+35)

EOE- 215 (+9)

AT3- 144 (+3)

God Eater(PSP)- 361 (+20)

Soriku said:

Oh god get that KAWAII!!!11!!!11 shit outta here...

Does anyone else sense the irony?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Daily Increase for 23rd Jan 2010 {updated on 24th Jan}

Comgnet 1/23

DQ6- 851 (+35)

EOE- 215 (+9)

AT3- 144 (+3)

God Eater(PSP)- 361 (+20)

'

The daily increase for Dragon Quest 6 is very very good. ITs back to what it used to do after a slightly underwhelming increase yesterday.

'

End Of Eternity (Resonance Of Fate) is strong in terms of pre-orders, if it sees a similar increase it should definetely be looking at around 240 which is extremely good for an indication towards a 100K + week.

'

Ar Tonelice 3 once again is performing like we have expected it to, not amazing but enough for what it is.

'

God Eater (PSP) sees a massive increase again, if it really keeps this up it will have an opening of over 200K for sure, very good for a new IP and very good for PSP software sales.

A Few Misc. Updates:

End Of Eternity (Xbox 360) is at 36 pts

The Last Rebellion (PS3) that is also launching on the 28th Of January is not in the top 20.

'
  1. [NDS] Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Reverie - 851pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  2. [PSP] God Eater - 361pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
  3. [PS3] End of Eternity - 215pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  4. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3 - 144pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  5. [PS3] Yakuza 4 - 127Pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  6. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 78Pt~~~ (TBA)
  7. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 71pt~~~ (TBA)
  8. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 62pt~~~ (3/18/2010)
  9. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 61pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  10. [PS3] Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International Edition - 55Pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
'
Thie Top 10 remains unchanged, with GT5 seeing an increase of 1 pt & a few other increases here and there.
'
Thats all for today

I'd also recommend that every looks at what the Source had to say about opener sales and pre-orders.

DQ6 could get as high 800-900k first week.
EoE will do ~125k across both versions first week.
AT3 may get to ~100k first week.
God Eater doing a ~250k first week.

Again this is just his comments from the Preview. Go look, it's on the main page.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Daily Increase for 24th Jan 2010 {updated on 25th Jan}

Comgnet 1/24

DQ6- 896 (+45)
'
EOE- 222 (+7)
'
AT3- 148 (+4)
'
God Eater- 410(+49)

'

The daily increase for Dragon Quest 6 is again very very good. The game looks tot op 1,000 pts pretty easily now. THis sets it up for a massive opening, way over 700K most probably, they should do some predictions for it pretty soon

'

End Of Eternity (Resonance Of Fate) see's a great rise again, its maintaining an increase of over 5 daily now, not too many days left till we get the full picture.

'

Ar Tonelice 3 performs as its always been doing.

'

God Eater (PSP) sees a massive increase, this game can open big for a new IP on a platform thats 5 years old, we should expect a first week over 200K for sure.

A Few Misc. Updates:

End Of Eternity (Xbox 360) is at 38 pts

Combined End Of Eternity (PS360) is at 260 pts which pretty much guarantees an opening week of well over 100K, quite close to The Source's predictions in the Japan Preview.

The Last Rebellion (PS3) that is also launching on the 28th Of January is not in the top 20.

'
  1. [NDS] Dragon Quest 6 Realms of Reverie - 896pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  2. [PSP] God Eater - 410pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
  3. [PS3] End of Eternity - 222pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  4. [PS3] Ar Tonelico 3 - 148pt~~~ (1/28/2010)
  5. [PS3] Yakuza 4 - 135Pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  6. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 - 78Pt~~~ (TBA)
  7. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 71pt~~~ (TBA)
  8. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - 66pt~~~ (3/18/2010)
  9. [PS3] Resident Evil 5 Alternative Edition - 62pt~~~ (2/18/2010)
  10. [PS3] Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International Edition - 58Pt~~~ (2/4/2010)
'
Thie Top 10 remains unchanged, Yakuza 4 actually sees an increase of 8 pts over yesterday, it seems pre-orders are beginning to pick up for the title, it should see a big launch when it launches in february. The other "4" isn't as luck, Star Ocean 4 had an increase of just 3 pts, with it being a established franchise and its launch merely over a week away, this doesn't bode well.
'
Thats all for today