By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

I think pokémon black/white is heading for biggest first week ever in japan. Monster Hunter will sell alot first week, but I really really doubt that the pre-orders will of that game will be higher than pokémon b/w.

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network
Veit said:

If MHP 3rd keep increasing at the current rate (50 points/day), it will end up at 5516 and Pokemon Black&White at 3600 points, so MHP 3rd will have a much bigger first week than Pokemon! Probably the biggest first week ever in Japan.

Pokemon B/W it the first days of preorders got more than 200 point every day. I'm not saying MHP3 will do bad but 50 points every day is impossible. And, you must keep this in mind, COMG tends to be not that reliable for PS3/PSP games: the Japan preview had 350k MHP3 preorders (while on COMG it was well over 1000 points) and 1.5m preorders for Pokemon, with just the double of MHP3 points. I think Pokemon will have the better week one out of the two in the end, but MHP3 can get to a record on COMG.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

mh3rd is still huge (shame, it'll outsell the wii version 4:1 :-/)

I hope the record breaking week goes to pokemon though

Buzzi said:
Veit said:

If MHP 3rd keep increasing at the current rate (50 points/day), it will end up at 5516 and Pokemon Black&White at 3600 points, so MHP 3rd will have a much bigger first week than Pokemon! Probably the biggest first week ever in Japan.

Pokemon B/W it the first days of preorders got more than 200 point every day. I'm not saying MHP3 will do bad but 50 points every day is impossible. And, you must keep this in mind, COMG tends to be not that reliable for PS3/PSP games: the Japan preview had 350k MHP3 preorders (while on COMG it was well over 1000 points) and 1.5m preorders for Pokemon, with just the double of MHP3 points. I think Pokemon will have the better week one out of the two in the end, but MHP3 can get to a record on COMG.

So you're saying comgnet numbers are unreliable becouse of Japan preview? Have you ever tried to compare list of games in Japan previews with comgnet weekly software sales rankings?

kamil said:
Buzzi said:
Veit said:

So you're saying comgnet numbers are unreliable becouse of Japan preview? Have you ever tried to compare list of games in Japan previews with comgnet weekly software sales rankings?

Japan preview is not always reliable, I know it. But do you think it's millions off on preorders tracking/estimating? The Source says Pokemon has more than 1.5 m preorders and more than 400k for MHP3. This means that either Pokemon are selling extemely well on other retailers or that MHP3, like many core games, is selling greatly on COMG and less on other retailers. Or both. Anyway, as of now there's a good opportunity for Pokemon to have best week one this gen and MHP3 is every day growing, getting near the COMG record (for what we know). But won't have a better week one than Pokemon I think.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
kamil said:
Buzzi said:
Veit said:

Japan preview is not always reliable, I know it. But do you think it's millions off on preorders tracking/estimating? The Source says Pokemon has more than 1.5 m preorders and more than 400k for MHP3. This means that either Pokemon are selling extemely well on other retailers or that MHP3, like many core games, is selling greatly on COMG and less on other retailers. Or both. Anyway, as of now there's a good opportunity for Pokemon to have best week one this gen and MHP3 is every day growing, getting near the COMG record (for what we know). But won't have a better week one than Pokemon I think.

I guess there's no way to know then until we see their real numbers.  What is the background of COMGNET?

Buzzi said:
kamil said:
Buzzi said:
Veit said:

The preview has proven to be a fair bit off on preorders in the past. In fact they've even been wrong on Black/White preorders.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81637/the-japan-preview-822-edition-ace-r-opens-well/ 

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=133977

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

12/09

01. [NDS] Pokemon Black - 1842pt (68)
02. [NDS] Pokemon White - 1606pt (61)
03. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - 1595pt (79)
04. [PSP] K! Live After School!! - 447pt (15)
05. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (First Print Version) - 192pt (2)
06. [PSP] God Eater Burst (Append Edition) - 167pt (14)
07. [PSP] Black Panther: Yakuza New Chapter - 151pt (7)
08. [PSP] Yugioh 5D's Tagforce 5 - 94pt (4)
09. [PS3] Final Fantasy Versus XIII - 74pt
10. [NDS] Okamiden - 60pt
11. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded - 51pt (4)
12. [PSP] Class of Heroes 3 - 47pt (1)
13. [PS3] Front Mission Evolved - 45pt (1)
14. [PS3] Dead Rising 2 - 41pt (4)
15. [PSP] Legend of Heroes: History of Zero (Limited Edition) - 34pt (1)
16. [PS3] Macross Trial Frontier: Hybrid Pack - 32pt (1)
17. [PS3] Tales of Graces F - 31pt (7)
18. [PSP] Legend of Heroes: History of Zero (Limited Series CD Bundle) - 30pt
19. [X360] Dead Rising 2 - 26pt (1)
20. [PSP] Dragon Ball Taggubasasu - 24 pt

PSP ---> 9
PS3---> 6
NDS ---> 4
360 ---> 1
Wii ---> 0
PS2 ---> 0

Couple more points and MHP3 will take over the 2nd slot form pokemon white.

darthdevidem01 said:

what the heck is with this thread , no post ?

You can't even give a damn link so i can find what is the thread talking about , sish.