By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

And THEN there's SMTIV just chilling.

Really the next 3 days we get more 3DS/Vita games up on there. This glut of PSP stuff making me sad.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

SMT IV will be a blue island on a red ocean in 2 days.

Hopefully there will be another or another two islands.

Otakumegane said:

Really the next 3 days we get more 3DS/Vita games up on there. This glut of PSP stuff making me sad.

COMG has been littered with PSP games for literally as long as I've been following it.   It's been much worse than this before.

At the moment it's more PS3-centric than I ever remember it being.

edit: If you want a reminder of the days when the chart was a rainbow, though, here you go.

Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

COMG has been littered with PSP games for literally as long as I've been following it.   It's been much worse than this before.

edit: If you want a reminder of the days when the chart was a rainbow, though, here you go.

Not surprising, with Wii and DS dead, and the Wii U painfully silent, Nintendo currently has an acute lack of significant titles for preorder upcoming with only 3DS to pull weight, and even that schedule is not good as of now. Vita preorders aren't any better either, and the 360 situation doesn't even need mention.

Nearly everything significant up for preorder now is on PSP and PS3. It's only natural the chart would look like it does now...

Kresnik said:

That chart is such a beauty. Thanks for that, Kres!

Around the Network

I'm happy I remembered that Tomodachi was ending soon. I would've missed the big finale!

BaldrSkies said:
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

Not surprising, with Wii and DS dead, and the Wii U painfully silent, Nintendo currently has an acute lack of significant titles for preorder upcoming with only 3DS to pull weight, and even that schedule is not good as of now. Vita preorders aren't any better either, and the 360 situation doesn't even need mention.

Nearly everything significant up for preorder now is on PSP and PS3. It's only natural the chart would look like it does now...

Actually the chart is like this because every big game on the 3DS is still not up for preorder like MH4 or Pokemon X/Y and on PS3 they are up even when they dont have a release date like Vs 13 or Metal gear rising

MANUELF said:
BaldrSkies said:
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

Actually the chart is like this because every big game on the 3DS is still not up for preorder like MH4 or Pokemon X/Y and on PS3 they are up even when they dont have a release date like Vs 13 or Metal gear rising

Read bolded...

BaldrSkies said:
MANUELF said:
BaldrSkies said:
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

Read bolded...

And I wonder why arent those games I said up for preorder, we even know when Pokemon is going to release

MANUELF said:
BaldrSkies said:
MANUELF said:
BaldrSkies said:
Kresnik said:
Otakumegane said:

Read bolded...

And I wonder why arent those games I said up for preorder, we even know when Pokemon is going to release

That's Nintendo's decision, I don't know why they don't open preorders earlier if they're actually set. Usually games open for preorder when things like price, platform, and release status are actually set, because things like price changes, platform additions or changes, delays, cancellations look really bad once people are paying money for preorders. The only game on the chart with no release date now is Versus 13, and Square Enix makes bad decisions. Imagine the backlash if they were to announce the project is cancelled, or moved from PS3 to PS4.

Maybe Nintendo does it on purpose so the preorder camps top sales positions on charts like Amazon rather than declining in a long middle period. Or to keep people watching COMG excited with bigger daily gains over shorter periods of time? :p