By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who's still getting FInal Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360?

Here are reasons to get one version over the other. Please understand that some reasons do not necessarily apply to each other.

Reasons to get the 360 version:
1) Has a 360 only.
2) Prefers Acheivements over Trophies.
3) Prefers the controller.

Reasons to get the PS3 version:
1) Has a PS3 only.
2) Prefers Trophies over Acheivements.
3) Prefers the controller.
4) Convenience of one disc.
5) Uncompressed audio.
6) Uncompressed video.

I'm getting the PS3 version after a price cut (probably 2 years from now) for all reasons with the exception of #1.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
It is lossless 7.1 audio? Who has the sound system and set up in the right room environment to take advantage of that?

I reckon about 0.1% of gamers.

I have a good 5.1 set up, but I doubt even I would be able to hear the difference.

The sound thing is a total red herring

Running uncompressed audio to a receiver that only accomdates 5.1 Dolby Digial and DTS will still sound better than than compressed audio.  Granted the difference is minor when compared to using a receiver that accomdates uncompressed audio, it's still an icing on the cake when given the option.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Brennan said:
Shorty11857 said:
FF13 was the reason I bought a 360, I was considering saving up for a PS3 but once I found out it was multiplat, I went ahead with the 360, still haven't got around to getting a PS3 yet though, not really worth it right now, I'll probably take the plunge if Versus stays exclusive though

Wasn't it a dumb move to buy a 360 and not a PS3 if you were only interested in FF13 and FF13VS, knowing FF13VS was a PS3 exclusive and the best version of FF13 would be on PS3 ? Or was it all about price ?

No flaming, just asking... If I was only interested in CoD and Halo, I wouldn't have bought a PS3 over a 360.

By the way, I feel sorry for people thinking that there aren't "enough exclusives" on PS3, or it's still not really "worth it" now.

Nearly every GotY in 2008 and 2009 was a PS3 exclusive, from LBP, MGS4 to KZ2, Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls... There are dozens of great exclusives from every genre now.

If none of those games appeal to you, well, you mustn't like console games in general that much... Or you're exclusively a shooter fan. Then that could make some sense. Even then, you'd miss on KZ2.

Well honestly at the time I had never heard of Versus, honestly before I got a 360 for the most part I had lost interest in gaming. The 360 at the time was just a lot cheaper, and honestly that was the only reason, even though I knew I'd be paying for Live, it was better for me than paying more upfront.

And the not worth it is more a personal thing than anything to do with the games, the PS3 is still pretty expensive (300 euro) and right now I'm an unemployed college student so 300 + the price of the (not gonna deny) great exclusive games is just way out of what I can afford right now, especially considering I still have tonnes of 360 games I own that I have yet to complete and I'm going back to college next week meaning I wouldn't have time for more games right now. If I was buying the console now I'd pick the PS3, it's more value for money at the moment but since I own a 360 already I can't bring myself to part with the money, even though I'd love Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 (hell I loved Killzone 1) and well most of the exclusive games

Hope that all made sense, in the end it was the simple fact that at the time the 360 was a lot cheaper, I was that into gaming at the time and the one game I wanted the most was multiplat.

jack100 said:
zzamaro said:
jack100 said:
Gonna get the 360 version, cause I only have a 360. If I had a PS3 also, I wouldn't really get the PS3 version, I would probably read several reviews and see what the differences are and THEN make my decision. You just can't blindly beleive the PS3 version is superior, like most people are assuming.

SE said it, PS3 will be better but you should not care about it, you will play it on the 360 and that's all, evertyhing else doesn't matter. Just enjoy gaming.

That's retarded marketting on SE side, they should be more like "both are equal" so they can make more profit.  I think the high ups at SE have Sony shares or something, that's why most of them seem to be Sony Fanboys  :P

SE never said the PS3 version was better, they said they would be equal.

I don't know. I planned on getting the PS3 version, but if there's no visible differences if the two aren't running side by side then I may go with the 360. I like achievements more than trophies.

Around the Network

Here's a better question:

Who's not getting it at all? (maybe due to dead hype or import impressions)

Now Playing: Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2)

I have the import for the PS3. But since I may want to try the game seamlessly without referencing translation after I play it through the first time, I may get the N.A. version on the 360. I need to find time to play it!!!

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

the PS3 version is out now with almost no flaws on a single blu-ray disk, there are no risks of getting RRoD, the whole FFXIII collection is avaliable only on the PS brand so far.
So if you are getting the x360 version, it's an absolute fact that you are an xbot or you are x360 only owner.

2mrw said:
the PS3 version is out now with almost no flaws on a single blu-ray disk, there are no risks of getting RRoD, the whole FFXIII collection is avaliable only on the PS brand so far.
So if you are getting the x360 version, it's an absolute fact that you are an xbot or you are x360 only owner.

My crazy dance skillz! It all makes sense now!

Oh gawd D12 you really gonna get the 360 version with the compressed audio and cut scenes and 3 scratch prone dvd's? I guess you gotta put that 2nd (3rd?) 360 to use eh? ;D