By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you buy a new Steel Battalion game (controller and all)?

Would you buy a new Steel Battalion game (controller and all)?

Yes, on 360 9 28.13%

Yes, on PS3 7 21.88%

Yes, on Wii 1 3.13%

Yes, on any platform 6 18.75%

No, costs too much 5 15.63%

What's Steel Battalion 4 12.50%

Total:32
famousringo said:
I wish that rumour about a Wii port using the balance board wasn't just a cruel joke.

I would love to buy this game, might even be willing to pay $200 for it, but I couldn't justify the space of all that specialized plastic.

It's true that it wouldn't really be used for anything else, but then again I have Rock Band drums in my closet that are just used for that, plus 2 guitars and a mic...

Around the Network
disolitude said:
A simple no would be a good option.

Cause I dont care howmuch it costs...I just didn't like it.

Takes up too much space, takes agest to set up, gets repetitive in 30 mins. Natal could be a good choice for the controller tho.

Left foot forward - go
Right foot left - turn left
Yell "Fire!" - fire...etc

I think this would be great.  It was actually my Natal idea for the day.  Interacting 1:1 with a virtual cockpit.

JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Takes up too much space, takes agest to set up, gets repetitive in 30 mins. Natal could be a good choice for the controller tho.

Left foot forward - go

I think this would be great.  It was actually my Natal idea for the day.  Interacting 1:1 with a virtual cockpit.

I'd never forgive capcom if they actually did this.

WAKE UP BITCHES!!!

STEEL BATALLION 3 IS THE NATAL GAME CAPCOM IS DEVELOPING!!!

naznatips said:
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Left foot forward - go

:) I am sure you wouldn't be the only one.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
WAKE UP BITCHES!!!

STEEL BATALLION 3 IS THE NATAL GAME CAPCOM IS DEVELOPING!!!

And you know that from... where?

JaggedSac said:
naznatips said:
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Left foot forward - go

NOOO...motionz control is taking overz!

Seriously though...they could have some cool body motion controls for this game. Like touch your crotch to eject out of cockpit...

naznatips said:
famousringo said:
I wish that rumour about a Wii port using the balance board wasn't just a cruel joke.

I would love to buy this game, might even be willing to pay $200 for it, but I couldn't justify the space of all that specialized plastic.

It's true that it wouldn't really be used for anything else, but then again I have Rock Band drums in my closet that are just used for that, plus 2 guitars and a mic...

I have friends and family who would be willing to use those, so it's easier to justify. I think I'm the only one who wants to pilot a mech...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:
naznatips said:
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Left foot forward - go

Seriously though...they could have some cool body motion controls for this game. Like touch your crotch to eject out of cockpit...

It has nothing to do with anti-motion control sentiment. I obviously have no issues with motion controls as a long-time Wii owner. My issue is with this completely destroying the point of the game, which is to immerse you completely into a mech experience with precise and visceral controls which let you actually have all the functions you could imagine a mech having... and don't say Natal is precise. It has a cm deadzone, which is more than enough to make it never work as a virutal joystick.

naznatips said:
disolitude said:
JaggedSac said:
naznatips said:
JaggedSac said:
disolitude said:

Left foot forward - go

It has nothing to do with anti-motion control sentiment. I obviously have no issues with motion controls as a long-time Wii owner. My issue is with this completely destroying the point of the game, which is to immerse you completely into a mech experience with precise and visceral controls which let you actually have all the functions you could imagine a mech having... and don't say Natal is precise. It has a cm deadzone, which is more than enough to make it never work as a virutal joystick.

I agree that it would be a different experience. But I don't think it will be a bad one. the game would be a lot less serious I guess with natal...

"What the hell are you doing honey?"

"Be uiet, I'm being badass in my mech!"