By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is the most you would pay for <game>?

Ok so, this probably isn't the best of topic in the world but it is still intruging and I am curious as to what some of the answers will be.

What is the most you would pay for the following games if you were bidding to receive an advanced finished copy that you would recieve today?

Super Mario Galaxy - $50.00
Super Smash Bros Brawl - $50.00
Mario Kart Wii - $50.00
Wii Fit (with Balance Board) - $50.00

For me:

Super Mario Galaxy - $100.00
Super Smash Bros Brawl - $200.00
Mario Kart Wii - $80.00
Wii Fit (with Balance Board) - $120.00

PS - If you don't want a game then I guess cut it out of your list or put it at a price you would pay that you think you could sell it for a decent profit.

PPS - Please restrict it to sums of money you actually could pay please, or at least sums of money you could feasibly earn.

PPPS - Feel free to add in your own games to your list that haven't come out yet.

edit: grrrrr the title got cut...it had "[games]" in the title but with < & > instead of [ & ]...stupid html @@

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

SSBB: $100
MGS4: $150
Mass Effect: $120
Killzone 2: $200
God Of War 3: $250
Final Fantasy XIII: $300
Mario Kart Wii: $60
GTA IV: $120

SMG €100
SSBB €500 (yes)
MK wii €150

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Super Mario Galaxy - $50.00
Super Smash Bros Brawl - $50.00
Mario Kart Wii - $50.00
Wii Fit (with Balance Board) - $50.00

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

lol, neos is the first of what I expect to be many willing to pay large sums of money for brawl

edit: fair enough Fax, not everyone will want to pay more for them =) 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy - $150.00
Super Smash Bros Brawl - $400.00 (I actually don't really want this, at all really, but I could tell everyone who was in the game and stuff and win $$$ from internet bets )

Mario Kart Wii - $80.00
Wii Fit (with Balance Board) - $70.00

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

$50 across the board, what can I say, I'm patient. If I *had* to pay more for whatever reason the highest I would go is $100 and then I would just sell them all back to suckers like yall (which is completely different than selling something that is already released at a higher price). :-p

God of War Chains of Olympus : 300-400 $
CC English : 200 $
Wipeout Pulse : 200 $
KH : BBS : 200 $
A PSP RE game : up to 500 $ ... if it would secure the production of one :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Galaxy is around the corner, so it is U$ 50. I am not too hot for the others, but I will get Brawl.

I would pay (if I had that money) 30.000.000 for developing a proper sequel to Chrono Trigger. I would even buy the franchise from SE just to avoid blasphemy like CC.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Yes, you kind of mislead me with the title...the most you would pay for ?
I was going to say, I've never paid for it, but if push came to shove, I'd probably pay everything I had...

no wait, what? huh.....games you say....

I'll be honest, the most I would pay is retail. I generally get a deal where I don't have to pay tax, and get free shipping....so I save the last dime, at the cost of usually waiting 2 weeks or so for it to arrive in the mail, after the release.

The last thing I bought right away, was StarCraft on the PC, and by gosh, that wasn't worth it. I was a big fan of WarCraft, but that game was nearly boring.