By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Interplay and Alpine Studios Announce Stonekeep WiiWare

Interplay Entertainment Corp. and Alpine Studios today announce their partnership to revive Stonekeep, the hit PC game originally published by Interplay.

"We are very happy that Alpine Studios shares our enthusiasm to develop a new title based on this classic Interplay adventure game. With Stonekeep we continue our strategy to introduce our legendary portfolio to a new generation of players", said Hervé Caen, CEO of Interplay. "The new game play will provide fun, a little fear and many exciting moments to all family members who dare to seek their fortunes and rid Stonekeep´s dungeons and corridors of evil using the Wii Remote™ controller," said Les Pardew, the founder of Alpine Studios.

The new Stonekeep is expected for initial release during the third quarter of 2010 and is planned for electronic distribution through Nintendo's WiiWare™ service.

http://interplay.com/about/article.php?id=39
Day One for me.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

I'm afraid I don't remember this one. Can you describe it please, so I may commence the eagerly-awaiting-ness?

Why are games from other genres nowadays so often being called an adventure game?

Neogaf calls Flower an adventure game in their GOTY awards, nearly all websites call Endless Ocean an adventure game, VGChartz calls Batman: AA an adventure game (and not an action adventure game) in their PC GOTY awards, Interplay now call their own semi-classic RPG Stonekeep an adventure game...

Next I expect some gaming website to call this year's FIFA iteration a sports/adventure game.

OT - Screenshots from the original game, for those who don't know it: http://www.mobygames.com/game/stonekeep/screenshots

I really liked Stonekeep, but it wasn't among my most favourite PC RPGs.