By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Live VS PSN---Round 7 of the Console Wars

I really enjoy the console wars videos made by techno buffalo they are all quite good and explain really well stuff about the console.

I think everyone should check em out, not to see who wins but to learn more about these consoles :D.

Around the Network

Yeah, one one the OP posted was interested, I watched it all in it's incredibly time wasting glory..

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I agree with the winner of this round, Xbox Live is better integrated and is the better experience. However i have to disagree with one thing, Achievements being better than trophies is not true imo, trophies give you more detail and the level up system is great, with achievement you receive points and thats fine, but all you can ever do is say yeah i have more points than you, theres no reason to platinum a game on the 360.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1052005p1.html =P

To be honest the reason the trophy whores' scores are unreachable is that xbox has had achievements for 3 more years than the ps3.. And that It just seems like they are more unreachable because you can get up to 1000 points per game. His arguement is DESTROYED.

umm you can get plenty of trophies for games, but there is no reason to get all 1000 points...in trophies, you always wanna go for the plat

You can get plenty achievements for games, but there is no reason  get a platinum.. In achievements you always wanna go for the highest earning ones and the completion emblem.

You still don't argue what I wrote before either.

yeah there is a reason to get a plat...it boosts your level by alot....its fun leveling up and catching up to friends through plats...not just getting some of the highest points in a game and then being done with it...with a plat you have to 100% complete the game in most cases

i didnt realize it was my responsibility to argue your posts...but what am i supposed to be arguing, i dont see it

Then I don't get it, why quote me in your post unless you had something to say. You tried to make a point, but it didn't come off too well.. So I just wonder what the point is?

i was saying how alot of players might not want to go for the achievements as players would want to go for the plat more...but its all too open and is just opinion lol

radiantshadow92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Strategyking92 said:
V-r0cK said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I agree with the winner of this round, Xbox Live is better integrated and is the better experience. However i have to disagree with one thing, Achievements being better than trophies is not true imo, trophies give you more detail and the level up system is great, with achievement you receive points and thats fine, but all you can ever do is say yeah i have more points than you, theres no reason to platinum a game on the 360.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1052005p1.html =P

To be honest the reason the trophy whores' scores are unreachable is that xbox has had achievements for 3 more years than the ps3.. And that It just seems like they are more unreachable because you can get up to 1000 points per game. His arguement is DESTROYED.

umm you can get plenty of trophies for games, but there is no reason to get all 1000 points...in trophies, you always wanna go for the plat

You can get plenty achievements for games, but there is no reason  get a platinum.. In achievements you always wanna go for the highest earning ones and the completion emblem.

You still don't argue what I wrote before either.

yeah there is a reason to get a plat...it boosts your level by alot....its fun leveling up and catching up to friends through plats...not just getting some of the highest points in a game and then being done with it...with a plat you have to 100% complete the game in most cases

i didnt realize it was my responsibility to argue your posts...but what am i supposed to be arguing, i dont see it

Then I don't get it, why quote me in your post unless you had something to say. You tried to make a point, but it didn't come off too well.. So I just wonder what the point is?

i was saying how alot of players might not want to go for the achievements as players would want to go for the plat more...but its all too open and is just opinion lol

I mean what I wrote regarding the article. I was saying that the examples there were honestly bullshit. Whether one person argues whether GS or trophies are more fun to earn.. Well that's just flat out subjective, as we can see. (nintendo speak, lol)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

radiantshadow92 said:
Andysw said:
He didn't talk about online multiplayer.

he did, he said how some multiplayer for LIVE and on PSN (modern warfare)...and how LIVE was more stable and stuff

But he did not say how online multiplayer was only for gold subscriptions, and how psn has dedicated servers for large multiplayer (for exclusive games). To be honest I don't like lp's comparison. While most of his comparisons are unbiased, he did let slip a few of his bias concerning both or atleast one of the consoles.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
gurglesletch said:
i love xbox360 said:
lol i love it people talking bout ps3 having a web browser!!! if i wanted to go on the internet i would turn on my pc and go on that not my console of choice, a console is for playing games not for going on facebook and crap

But you actually own the only console with a facebook app. Isin't his statement ironic?

Hmmm, he's probably like me and never uses it. It's not hard to understand.

either way its nice to have the option

not really as i dont use them apps, and i dont see how this is ironic?? the only reason we have a facebook app is that m$ own some off facebook and its in there interst to get more peopleon it

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER