By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Review Press Kit

"Today PSU received the official review kit and press release for Naughty Dog's Uncharted: Drakes Fortune. Normally when publishers send us games, they're just basic game boxes, but with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, this is no ordinary press kit.

When I opened the FedEx box this morning, I was amazed to find more than just a game; what I found was a diary. The diary of Sir Francis Drake (and a press release). Inside this book, I found a slew of journaled writings, maps, data discs, and a post card with holes to decode secret messages.

The beginning of the Diary starts with The Chronicles of Sir Francis Drake, and his life story. Then after a few pages, the diary ends, leaving a secret compartment for all of Nathan Drake's findings and his own diary.

Furthermore, Sony was kind enough to not only send us a review copy of the game, but also a sample of Uncharted's OST, composed by Greg Edmonson. Also on the OST is a hip hop track entitled " Uncharted: The El Dorado Megamix" performed by DJ Shadow."

http://www.psu.com/PSU-receives-Uncharted-Drakes-Fortune-Review-Press-Kit-News--a0001805-p0.php

Around the Network

Does it also include guidance on how to make sure to enjoy the game?

Otherwise nice touch from Sony.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

@Faxanadu- I'm not sure what your getting at, are you trying to say the game might not have good gameplay perhaps?

El Dorado Megamix! haha, overlooked that gem.

I in no way shape or form intended to imply anything like that.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Would be great if we can buy a Uncharted version like that.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:

Logic dictates that a game manual/press release would not include a section on 'how to enjoy the game'. I'm not accusing you of anything, but perhaps you could explain what you meant?

It's not very apparent to me, at least not in my sleep depravated state :)

Dallinor said:
Faxanadu said:

Logic dictates that a game manual/press release would not include a section on 'how to enjoy the game'. I'm not accusing you of anything, but perhaps you could explain what you meant?

It's not very apparent to me, at least not in my sleep depravated state :)

People and their short term memory. Ever heard of Lair? 

konnichiwa said:
Would be great if we can buy a Uncharted version like that.

I agree, an Ultimate collectors edition like that would be sweet.

Faxanadu said:
Dallinor said:
Faxanadu said:

Logic dictates that a game manual/press release would not include a section on 'how to enjoy the game'. I'm not accusing you of anything, but perhaps you could explain what you meant?

It's not very apparent to me, at least not in my sleep depravated state :)

People and their short term memory. Ever heard of Lair? 

I knew I had scrubbed something from the back of my mind.

Unclean....UNCLEAN!!!!!!!!!

To enjoy Lair you have to actually play the tutorial and spend some minutes practizing how to fly .Something the reviewers at IGN and Gamespot obviously didnt and that many reviewers around the world are thankfully doing so the reviews are way better .