By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal and Wand to reach beyond Wii says EA Europe's senior VP

Natal and Wand to reach beyond Wii

EA's Jens Uwe Intat tells MCV that new controllers will drastically grow the market

In an exclusive interview with MCV, EA Europe’s senior VP Jens Uwe Intat has claimed that the upcoming Xbox 360 Natal and PS3 Motion Controller will reach audiences left untouched by the Nintendo Wii.

"The new controllers from Sony and Microsoft will allow two things," he told MCV. "They will allow new game experiences for existing players.

"But they will also allow what Nintendo has achieved to some extent, and that is to get new people into gaming – people for whom a traditional controller is not the most natural way to play, for people who are much more comfortable using something more intuitive. I think they will expand the audience even further than Wii and the Wii Remote Controller.

"Our studios are working with the first parties to create some interesting games for those controllers. We can expand the audience for an existing game, but it’s also a good time to come up with brand new ideas and way to play.

"We’re working on the specifics of our plans, but we will have games available that work with both controllers at launch."

To read the full interview, check the Features Section later this week.

Keep things civil VGCharters.

Around the Network

Interesting, since WM+ is 1:1, it would be hard to be more accurate than 1:1

I do agree, it will offer new control methods to existing players on the HD systems, but disagree that it will attract new gamers/casuals.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

I think that his idea behind this is that better controllers equate to more accessibility, but I think that this line of thinking is kind of off-base. Software is the primary problem here, and I'm not convinced that EA can produce software as compelling as what Nintendo makes.

What is your take on it, JaggedSac?

Jens Uwe- what a name lol

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

I wish it wasn't true, but he might be right. All the People that said that motion controls suck will suddenly find it cool now. After the Release of these 2, we're going to see a lot of hypcrites saying that motion control is awesome and Wiimote isn't cool, or something weird like that.

Around the Network

I honestly have no idea how things are going to turn out. All the different controllers can provide some unique possibilities. Good to hear that EA is behind them. Though it will most likely be their sports series or something along those lines. Interesting times ahead.

It's not set in stone, but they sure talk as if it were.

We'll have to wait and see, if they're wrong I'm gonna have fun with them.

If Natal works out, then perhaps.

But the dildo? I don't see it happening.

lol. EA is so screwed...

Now I know why they're LOSING MONEY ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE!!!!

Gaming make me feel GOOD!