By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Vgchartz Demographics Report!

Im part of that big 3.5%... yeay!!!!

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

i guess i am 0.1% from the bahamas -_-

Yay, isn't this fun?

weeeeee, Croatia 1.1% !

Belgium
1.0%

Strange The Netherlands haves 0.8%.

=/ I only know one other belgian inhabitant on this site and more than 5 from the Netherlands.

Around the Network

Is Alexa supposed to be serious? There might be a strong bias in their coverage, after all people have to specifically install an Alexa application which they use for tracking, isn't it?

Do they attempt to do any corrections to account for any possible coverage bias?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

How could they be bias?

They track over 10 million websites across the world, and they're obviously using some kind of program to track traffic, so I don't see where the bias would come from.

I think the term you're thinking of is inaccuracy.

MontanaHatchet said:
Yes.

I have a fast connection and this site doesn't even work for me half the time. No wonder the site's traffic rank will barely budge.

If I was a new user, I know I'd be frustrated beyond the point of wanting to come back some of the times I come here. It's painfully slow at times.  But seeing as I'm hooked on looking at numbers now, I bear with it.

NJ5 said:

Is Alexa supposed to be serious? There might be a strong bias in their coverage, after all people have to specifically install an Alexa application which they use for tracking, isn't it?

Yes, they have to install the software to count pageviews, but that's all it does, is count pageviews. There's no bias there.  It's just a sampling of what web traffic is doing on any given day.  No one said it's a 100% accounting of all Internet tracking.

I think in another thread, ioi mentioned that everytime the sites goes down, someone is attacking it (DOS). So that's likely the problem.