By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - A Vgchartz Demographics Report!

Because of my love (some would call it obsession) with Vgchartz, I've been checking Alexa.com for Vgchartz for the last month or so every single day. Here are my latest findings:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/vgchartz.com

20.5%, or approximately 1/5 of Vgchartz's traffic rank come from Spanish speaking countries.

4 of the top 10 sites for Vgchartz's traffic rank are Spanish speaking. Both of these statistics count Puerto Rico as a Spanish speaking country.

Vgchartz.com users come from these countries:

Germany 3.1%
Italy 2.2%
Japan 2.2%
Venezuela 2.0%

Other facts:

Canada is where Vgchartz is most popular, having a traffic rank of 3,266 in the country. Go Canada!

In order of Top 10:

Canada: 3,266
Kuwait: 3,445
United Kingdom: 3,860
Puerto Rico: 4,041
Spain: 5,244
Mexico: 5,674
Dominican Republic: 5,751
Venezuela: 6,223
United States: 6,232
Panama: 6,299

Vgchartz's worldwide traffic rank as of yesterday is 12,547.

Vgchartz's traffic rank over the past month:
According to the site, this is how Vgchartz is described, speed wise.

Speed: Very Slow (92% of sites are faster), Avg. Load Time: 6.7 seconds

The main point of this is that Vgchartz is getting more diverse every day, and I thought it would be nice to share some statistics with the site.

Around the Network

Funny, I thought us Australian's were quite common on this site, but apparently not:(

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Australia makes up less than 0.8% of Vgchartz's traffic rank.

Then again, they're more likely to sign up for an account than someone from a Spanish speaking country.

Interesting stuff.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Yes, quite.

Around the Network

"Speed: Very Slow (92% of sites are faster), Avg. Load Time: 6.7 seconds"

This is a problem that needs to be taken care of.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Yes.

I have a fast connection and this site doesn't even work for me half the time. No wonder the site's traffic rank will barely budge.

There are alot of Aussie gamers, Gamespot has well over 2000 Aussie members so VG needs to get them coming here.

Freestyler said:
There are alot of Aussie gamers, Gamespot has well over 2000 Aussie members so VG needs to get them coming here.

but decreasing site's load time should come before that....

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

I'm sure there are a few Aussies here. But wait I remember... The Aussie market for gamers has no significance towards console counts :P There are only a handful of Aussie gamers... For a small nation I think we have a fair few players... maybe pc online????

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil