By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Awesome Infinite Space Trailer (Skies of Arcadia in space)

This game looks good but the voice acting is bad.

Around the Network

Looks nothing like Skies of Arcadia. It's also going to look like ass due to hardware that isn't very good at pulling off 3-d.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

hope i get an R4 card soon enough to try this gem

This should be for Wii.

Snesboy said:
This should be for Wii.

I agree... but maybe they're not too sure about the market: a Wii title in that vein could end up sellin 100k or 200k, and not make any profit... it's sad, but most of us know it's true...

DS, on another side, is a safer bet: the budget is kept very reasonnable, and every niche game may have its chance to make at least some small profits... many japanese devs know the deal, as we see many niche projects on DS (i'd even say too many), while there are only a few on Wii, and nearly none on the HD twins, dedicated to blockbusters only... but business-wise, with the japanese market shrinking and the small userbase concerned in the western world, its quite logical...

Now, back on topic: i'm a huge Skies of Arcadia fan, and this game is in my want list for quite some time, but i can't really see a connection here...

The art-style is very different, with Infinite Space lookin more like a manga novel, and even if both have flyin' ships, Infinite Space looks to be more sim/strategy oriented than adventure/RPG... but as Soriku is only tryin' to get the game some extra-exposure, it's OK, it's cool...  ;)

Now, if only Sega could announce a new Skies of Arcadia... i mean c'mon, at least one Sega RPG on Wii would be a minimum, and if there's only one, it would be the best franchise they could pick... if done correctly, of course... but maybe it would also take 5 years? Just kidding... not really funny, but just kidding...  :)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."