By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL: NBA JAM is coming for Wii

don't care for the game either way, only sports title i like is PES

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Inigo13 said:
theprof00 said:
The point is, this game would sell millions on ps360. This is a failure in judgement on the behalf of ea.

Welcome to how Wii owners have felt about Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 1 + 2,  GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4, Left 4 Dead, etc...

Well, the extent of those experiences just aren't possible on the wii. Wii does have gimped MW games, and they didn't sell as much as the HD ones. That is because the capability isn't the same. NBA Jam is completely possible on the HD twins. Additionally, even a port of NBA Jam Wii on the HD consoles would probably have better online capability. Online isn't everything, but even a port would probably make the wii version look gimped. No offense intended to anyone. I'm just pointing out that the argument isn't quite the same.

Wrong, MW: Reflex has worse graphics but the campaing is as fun as in the HD versions (or more because of the gameplay but it will depend of your opinion and taste). Some people doesn't care about HD graphics.

But they sold 1 million, right? It's enough for a big profit (talking about a Wii game). If it's giving a profit, it doesn't matter if a COD game on the Wii won't sell as much as the HD versions. I think you are hurting your first argument:

"However, there are a lot of games that could be ported to the HD systems at a low cost which could make a very tidy profit."

@theproff

FFXII didn't need HD graphics to sell, so why all of a sudden does FFXIII? FFXII would sell just as much on Wii, and even more in Japan due to the larger install base.

Admit it, people (people in general, not specifically talking about publishers or devs) don't want the Wii to be the video game king like the PS2. Back then it got all the exclusives with a very small amount going to XBox/GC. The same thing should be happening this generation with Wii getting the majority of exclusives.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:
Inigo13 said:
theprof00 said:
The point is, this game would sell millions on ps360. This is a failure in judgement on the behalf of ea.

Welcome to how Wii owners have felt about Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 1 + 2,  GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4, Left 4 Dead, etc...

Well, the extent of those experiences just aren't possible on the wii. Wii does have gimped MW games, and they didn't sell as much as the HD ones. That is because the capability isn't the same. NBA Jam is completely possible on the HD twins. Additionally, even a port of NBA Jam Wii on the HD consoles would probably have better online capability. Online isn't everything, but even a port would probably make the wii version look gimped. No offense intended to anyone. I'm just pointing out that the argument isn't quite the same.

Wrong, MW: Reflex has worse graphics but the campaing is as fun as in the HD versions (or more because of the gameplay but it will depend of your opinion and taste). Some people doesn't care about HD graphics.

But they sold 1 million, right? It's enough for a big profit (talking about a Wii game). If it's giving a profit, it doesn't matter if a COD game on the Wii won't sell as much as the HD versions. I think you are hurting your first argument:

"However, there are a lot of games that could be ported to the HD systems at a low cost which could make a very tidy profit."

No, it boosts my argument. NBA Jam could possibly be ported even more easily and make a shit-ton of cash on top of it.

Additionally, Wii does have COD and resident evil games. My point is that some of those games are great and desirable because of what they are capable of. Fallout and Elder scrolls are simply not possible unless scaled back drastically. Same goes with RE5 and GTA. However, Wii has gotten a new GTA, a new RE, and two Call of Duty's. They just look different because of the capability limit.

However, there would be no capability limit for this game, which I feel, would stand to sell at least 4M on both ps360.

I was hoping it would be a Live Arcade game.

As a Wii exclusive, I don't see this ending well.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
@theproff

FFXII didn't need HD graphics to sell, so why all of a sudden does FFXIII? FFXII would sell just as much on Wii, and even more in Japan due to the larger install base.

Admit it, people (people in general, not specifically talking about publishers or devs) don't want the Wii to be the video game king like the PS2. Back then it got all the exclusives with a very small amount going to X360/GC. The same thing should be happening this generation with Wii getting the majority of exclusives.

It's just stupid to keep a game like this exclusive. The perks of exclusivity don't even apply here. Increased hype: NBA Jam needs more hype? Boosted sales: Wii gamers don't care if a game is exclusive, they literally have hundreds of exclusive games. Lower costs: 360 is the most similar to a standard PC, so porting to a 360 would be even cheaper.

It just doesn't make sense when you also factor in millions of sales lost.

I'm skeptical though. Now that I think about it, this could be a marketing strategy to increase hype for the HD systems, though unneeded as they are. I definitely wouldn't have written 10 posts about NBA Jam had it been multiplat, so maybe....

theprof00 said:
nordlead said:
@theproff

Admit it, people (people in general, not specifically talking about publishers or devs) don't want the Wii to be the video game king like the PS2. Back then it got all the exclusives with a very small amount going to X360/GC. The same thing should be happening this generation with Wii getting the majority of exclusives.

It's just stupid to keep a game like this exclusive. The perks of exclusivity don't even apply here. Increased hype: NBA Jam needs more hype? Boosted sales: Wii gamers don't care if a game is exclusive, they literally have hundreds of exclusive games. Lower costs: 360 is the most similar to a standard PC, so porting to a 360 would be even cheaper.

I'm skeptical though. Now that I think about it, this could be a marketing strategy to increase hype for the HD systems, though unneeded as they are. I definitely wouldn't have written 10 posts about NBA Jam had it been multiplat, so maybe....

It's just stupid to keep RE5 on the HD consoles if they can port it to the Wii using the RE4 engine. I think you will start to understand what Wii owners are passing these years.

And come on... did you played Modern Warfare: Reflex? All the action is there, everything is there except for the HD graphics.

Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:
nordlead said:
@theproff

It's just stupid to keep RE5 on the HD consoles if they can port it to the Wii using the RE4 engine.

are you sure they can do that? I'm pretty sure it wasn't built using the re4 engine, but an updated new version which may not translate easily.

If your point is correct though, then I would completely agree, although it's not that good of a game in the first place.

Sorry, I edited my post.

Hisiru said:
Sorry, I edited my post.

and the MP? completely different experience, no?