By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL: NBA JAM is coming for Wii

theprof00 said:
Dont know why this would only be on wii though. Back in the day it was a big multi-plat. It was on like 4 different systems and in the arcades

Wii games are cheaper to develop and an arcade game doesn't need graphics, if you want to play this game just buy it for the Wii. Wii only owners are probably tired of seeing a lot of games being announced only for HD consoles but still, when they have some exclusives like Muramasa and NBA Jam x360/ps3 owners will complain.

Also, you said "back in the day", we aren't in the past.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:
Dont know why this would only be on wii though. Back in the day it was a big multi-plat. It was on like 4 different systems and in the arcades

Wii games are cheaper to develop and an arcade game doesn't need graphics, if you want to play this game just buy it for the Wii. Wii only owners are probably tired of seeing a lot of games being announced only for HD consoles but still, when they have some exclusives like Muramasa and NBA Jam x360/ps3 owners will complain.

sports games are still multiplat right?

Hey, I'm not saying wii shouldn't have an exclusive game, I'm saying that a lot of people on the other systems would want NBA Jam as well. This is especially disconcerting when EA, the multiplat king, is the one releasing the game.

Besides, we aren't talking about a game that needs good graphics. NBA Jam was never about graphics

theprof00 said:
Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:

Hey, I'm not saying wii shouldn't have an exclusive game, I'm saying that a lot of people on the other systems would want NBA Jam as well. This is especially disconcerting when EA, the multiplat king, is the one releasing the game.

Besides, we aren't talking about a game that needs good graphics. NBA Jam was never about graphics

They will have to buy a Wii just like Wii owners have to buy a PS3/X360 for games like Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, MW2, Need For Speed Shift etc. I am sure that a lot of people on the Wii would want FFXIII.

The point is, this game would sell millions on ps360. This is a failure in judgement on the behalf of ea.

wow this will be great ! : D

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:
Hisiru said:
theprof00 said:

They will have to buy a Wii just like Wii owners have to buy a PS3/X360 for games like Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, MW2, Need For Speed Shift etc. I am sure that a lot of people on the Wii would want FFXIII.

Like I said, this game doesn't need graphics to sell. A lot of the ones you listed, do.

Whatever, I'm not going to spend 250$ to play NBA Jam.

theprof00 said:
The point is, this game would sell millions on ps360. This is a failure in judgement on the behalf of ea.

This is your supposition, we still have to see gameplay and how the game works.

"Whatever, I'm not going to spend 250$ to play NBA Jam."

Some wii owners won't spend more than 250$ just to play FFXIII.

theprof00 said:

Welcome to how Wii owners have felt about Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 1 + 2,  GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4, Left 4 Dead, etc...

Inigo13 said:
theprof00 said:

Welcome to how Wii owners have felt about Resident Evil 5, Modern Warfare 1 + 2,  GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls 4, Left 4 Dead, etc...

Well, the extent of those experiences just aren't possible on the wii. Wii does have gimped MW games, and they didn't sell as much as the HD ones. That is because the capability isn't the same. NBA Jam is completely possible on the HD twins. Additionally, even a port of NBA Jam Wii on the HD consoles would probably have better online capability. Online isn't everything, but even a port would probably make the wii version look gimped. No offense intended to anyone. I'm just pointing out that the argument isn't quite the same.

YES!

Another Wii ONLY GAME, Down with the HD systems

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D