By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT review of SMG.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27584.html

See for yourself how much it got (don't want to spoil it). 

Around the Network

Just watched the review its a very interesting game and most of what he says is spot on, but the final score he gives it is not even close to the average of the 4 scores. Maybe the guys at GT should learn to count, to bad the story was lackluster, but it seems they excused that part from the final score.

30-40 hours to get all the stars seems pretty good, so about 15-20 hours to complete. R&C was 12-13 for me the first time, so congrats Mario. i'm just sad i don't have a wii let, anyways i'm off to play CoD4, enjoy the video Nintendo fans.

Uh, Griffin, GT has never given an average as the final score. Seriously, complaining about story in a Mario game is like complaining about having having no platforming in Halo. It's just not part of the gameplay formula, and Gametrailers knows that.

Pretty good review overall, very high praise.

I do enjoy the GT reviews quite a bit, partly because people find it easy to watch a video review and get all of the info with the score only being shown at the end but also because they do seem to do a good job for the most part.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Griffin this game deserves that score but yeah it is strange to understand their logic if you see the score of the story.

One thing that I don't like is the fact I will get a headache of it, it looks so confusing and the worlds are turning so much up side down that it arleady make me sick watching this but doesn't matter I will buy this for sure.

Around the Network

@griffin,

Very few sites do a straight average of the scores in individual areas, they are almost always weighted based on their importance to the genre but more importantly to the "feel" of the reviewer.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Pretty good review overall, very high praise.

I do enjoy the GT reviews quite a bit, partly because people find it easy to watch a video review and get all of the info with the score only being shown at the end but also because they do seem to do a good job for the most part.

I agree with ya, somehow GT attracts me more than other Video review sites.

Ive almost always agreed with GT reviews
They saw what FF 12 was, and gave it score no one would even dared, they had the guts (though i thought a 8 was a bit low more along 8.5-9)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I also agree that Gametrailers video reviews are better than other site, i have no idea why I feel that way though..

now this review specifically, does this show a lot of content that we haven't already seen a while ago? because i'm on a semi media blackout for the game atm and don't want to watch it if it shows off too many new areas and so on

I really like GT Reviews though I've never understood why exactly they put story in their scores (though not all of them). It's just always seemed weird to put that in the reviews for any game with a story since in some cases, like Mario, the story isn't the driving force or any force other than just a small motivation to be there.

Anyways, great review.