By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT review of SMG.

Entroper said:
Mario Galaxy isn't the only game they've reviewed, though. What if another platformer was released that's just as awesome and has just as crappy a story? You'd have no idea what it was about, so you'd want a story score. Hell, for all we know, the next Mario platformer will be extremely story-driven, and the review would have to reflect that. It wouldn't be the first time that Nintendo pulled out something no one expected.

And here's where their flaw is: they don't include story on every review (even on games with story).  If they did include story on every review, I wouldn't have enough of a problem to say anything but it would still be pretty silly (especially if they reviewed something like Brain Age or The Sims).

Around the Network

They review itself said that if you play Mario for the story you should check where you've been the last 20 years. Awesome review!

yay!

Didn't we have an "Official Mario Galaxy Review thread"? ;) Oh well, it never works.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 

Wow it's up to 96.9% in GR without taking GameTrailers into account...

Around the Network

awesome review for an awesome game,i also like game trailers video reviews the most

i think the 7.5 for the story was added to justify a 9.8 instead of a 9.9 or 10 so that halo fans wouldn't get angry because mario scored higher.