By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2009 is OVER - Predict LIFETIME Sales of Consoles & Handhelds

I regard myself as one of the biggest 360 fans on this site. I even believe the 360 has no chance of outselling the PS3 in ltd sales. PS3 with its extra processing capabilities, Blu-Ray, more power due to the Cell, long list of Sony franchises, brand name, should ensure it outsells the 360 by at least 10 million units in ltd sales.

PS3 to sell between 75 to 80 million sales ltd.
360 to sell around 65 million sales ltd.

PS3 and 360 will both have similar lifespans between 8 to 10 years.

The Gameboy actually sold somewhere between 118.69 million(according to Wiki) and 150 million+(according to a Nintendo source site).

Around the Network

xbox360 75million (sales averaging out at 10million annually irregardless of pricecuts)

ps3  115million (the price handicap is gone which is huge, momentum will monumentally increase over the next 3 years)

wii 120million (hard one to predict in all honesty legs wise)

psp 82million

ds 180million

Would be a major victory by Sony if PS3 was to get within 5m of Wii.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

CGI-Quality said:
You guys still think the PS3 will come in 2nd? I'm telling y'all, and I'm being serious: Aint. Gonna. Happen.

I know it's extremely important not to be a fanboy, but it's ok, at this stage you can quite legitimately B_E_L_I_3_V_E

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I mean that at this stage it's not delusional or fanboyish to think the PS3 is going to take over the 360 at some point. It may take considerable time, but the long term advantage is on the side of the PS3 now. It would take a game changer to give 360 the advantage in the long run.

Around the Network

I'm figuring price cuts into it. People buying PS3's at a higher price does indicate it's viewed as higher value, for whatever reasons. Natal is the only possible game changer and I don't expect much from it.

End of 2010 are in the sig, as for lifetime sales;

DS: 175 million (an heir is imminent I think).

Wii: 115 million

PSP: 70 million

360: 65 million

PS3: 68 million

DS: 180m
Wii: 120m
PSP: 72m
360: 60m (it is going to die after this year IMO)
PS3: 100m at least (it is now doing over 10m per yer, so yes it is possible, remember PS2 is over 100m, so take that into account)
I am rubbish at predictions, so I will probably be wrong...

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
For the PS3 to sell over 100m it will have to sell over 10m a year for the next 6 years. So you don't see it slowing down at all at any time in the next 6 years?

15-14.5-11.5-10-8.5-6.2-4.8

for the next 7 years - avgerage over 10 mil per year

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.