By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2010 - Sony about to snap back?

NanakiXI said:
I wonder how close Sony actually is to breaking even in 2009? As long as they are pretty damn close then there should be no more Sony is doomed propaganda. None of the Big 3 are doomed really. All doing great in their own respect.

Hope Sony learned their lesson that nobody can be king forever and Nintendo learns from their own previous mistakes as well as Sony's.

Unless you live in Chicago. Then you can be king.... I mean Mayor forever if your last name ends with Daley.

.tear - i wish i didn't get that.

OT - I'm in love with 3D atm...bring it on!

Around the Network

SONY have so far mucked up the digital revolution well.. ATRAC, securom, XCP...theyr no longer the leader in televisions, music players or videogames. Its gonna be a few years before SONY get back on top. Stringer always annoyed the crap outta me...

Avatar was cool but it had more to do with jims vision than anything else... It would be good to see them back on top but they havent really made (m)any breakthrough products in the last few yrs.. except the PS3.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

BigBoobieHead said:

In November you announced cutbacks at Sony. What was the strategy?
Well, first of all [laughs], we wanted to be profitable.

A lot of people laugh when Sony and profitable are mentioned in the same sentence these days but I didn't think one of them would be Sir Howard Stringer.

awesome Comment by Bob Iger "I believe in it because I believe in superior technology, and I'm behind you 100%. You don't not have to worry about me"
going into my sig

deskpro2k3 said:
NanakiXI said:

Hope Sony learned their lesson that nobody can be king forever and Nintendo learns from their own previous mistakes as well as Sony's.

Learned what lesson? If anyone should learn a lesson, it is you my friend.

Sorry double post :P

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
NanakiXI said:

What's with your iggnorance? If you tried to make me look dumb you have failed. Anyone that is a gamer knows that Nintendo lost their crown to Sony cause they slipped up. And vice versa with Sony to Nintendo. So did you learn your lesson? Also for future post when you say someone is yada yada yada give some facts or points as to why otherwise you end up looking like a fool.

I swear sometimes people just want to fight about nothing. (Doesn't help that I have an Irish temper )

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

I love the idea. but isn't it early? a lot of people have just baught HD tvs as they have become affordable. I know there will always be those who have the money to buy it but...

If you introduce another TV so soon won't it piss the general public off? I personally would refine the technology some more to make it even more impressive.

But if these companies sony, toshiba are so intent on pushing this. They should perhaps offer trade in deals on less than say 2year old HD TVs so you get a discount on your new one. This may work to push more 3D TVs.

Stringer is the man.

NanakiXI said:
deskpro2k3 said:
NanakiXI said:

What's with your iggnorance? If you tried to make me look dumb you have failed. Anyone that is a gamer knows that Nintendo lost their crown to Sony cause they slipped up. And vice versa with Sony to Nintendo. So did you learn your lesson? Also for future post when you say someone is yada yada yada give some facts or points as to why otherwise you end up looking like a fool.

I swear sometimes people just want to fight about nothing. (Doesn't help that I have an Irish temper )

My iggnorrance you say? I didnt try to make you look dumb, you did it to yourself. I'm not going to be nice to post examples for you. Get a clue.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

i didnt know who was stringer until now and now i respect him lol @ theprof's small pictures of a guy banging rocks and doing ninja things xD