By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GI.biz: TOP Selling Games of 2010 - Halo Reach #1, FFXIII #2, GT5 #10!!

god of war 3 will outsell zelda wii?
modern warfare 2 will outsell nsmbwii in 2010

Around the Network
saicho said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Demotruk said:
Chairman-Mao said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Games expected to be the biggest sellers in 2010

• 1. Halo: Reach
  • 2. Final Fantasy XIII
  • 3. StarCraft II
  • 4. Call of Duty 7
  • 5. FIFA 11
  • 6. BioShock 2
  • 7. Mass Effect 2
  • 8. God of War III
  • 9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • 10. Gran Turismo 5

Pretty decent predictions aside from GT5 being #10. Mine would be

1. Halo Reach - Will easily sell the most. Possibly as much as 7 or 8 million depending on when its released

2. Final Fantasy 13 - It was a tough call between FF13 and GT5. FF13 could do over 6 million on PS3 alone.

3. Gran Turismo 5 - I'm expecting at least 2 million first week (worldwide) and 5.5-6 million in 2010 alone. 

4. Call of Duty Vietnam - Should do like 3-4 million on PS3 and 5+ million on 360. Popular but not as big as MW2.

5. FIFA 11 - Should do like 6 million PS360 combined

6. Bioshock 2 - A bit more then MW2.

7. Modern Warfare 2 - Should do a further 3-4 million on 360 and like 2 million more on PS3. That might be a bit high though.

8. Fallout: New Vegas - Could do 2-2.5m on 360 and maybe 1-1.5m on PS3.

9. God of War 3 - Its big, but not as big as people think. 3 million max for 2010.

10. Mass Effect 2 - The first one barely passed 2 million. I don't see this one doing more then 2 or 2.5m.

Er, you have MW2 in your list, yet you don't have NSMB. Do you think things are going to turn around all of a sudden and MW2 will become the evergreen title?

I guess I kind of ignored nintendo altogether there.

Well I'd say NSMBW would be maybe 2nd after Halo Reach. Mario Galaxy 2 be just behind GT5 and Zelda Wii would be somewhere in the top 10.

You have Halo Reach at 7 or 8 mil but CoD 7 at 8-9 mil PS360 combined which looks like CoD 7 should be #1.

Yeah that's just cause Halo Reach is only on one platform. I ranked them by sales they will do on a single platform. I have to amend my list anyways because I forgot about Nintendo which I explained in my last post.

Okay new top 10

1. Halo Reach - Still my #1

2. New Super Mario Bros Wii - New addition to the list, self explanatory.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Will do amazing, new addition to the list.

4. Gran Turismo 5 - I changed my mind, it will beat FF13

5. Final Fantasy 13 - Its already sold like 90% of what it will sell LTD in Japan leaving only NA and EU.

6. Call of Duty 7 (Vietnam) - Will sell really well, assuming people aren't sick of CoD yet. Again; its no MW2 though.

7. Zelda Wii - Its Zelda Wii, what can I say.

8. FIFA 11 - Self Explanatory, always sells pretty well. This is assuming PES doesn't make a massive comeback and dominate.

9. Modern Warfare 2 - Still has lots of sales left in the tank, its only been out like 7 weeks or something. Hell it could even outsell Call of Duty 7, although I don't think it will. Oh yeah and I moved it ahead of Bioshock 2.

10. Bioshock 2 - I bet it will have a big first week due to how good the first one sold. Kind of like what Uncharted 2 did, but I don't expect it to have big legs.

Removed from previous list: Mass Effect 2, Fallout New Vegas and God of War 3

ROFL this is a fucken joke, even complete morons won't take this seriously.

Chairman-Mao said:
Okay new top 10

5. Final Fantasy 13 - Its already sold like 90% of what it will sell LTD in Japan leaving only NA and EU.

6. Call of Duty 7 (Vietnam) - Will sell really well, assuming people aren't sick of CoD yet. Again; its no MW2 though.

8. FIFA 11 - Self Explanatory, always sells pretty well. This is assuming PES doesn't make a massive comeback and dominate.

9. Modern Warfare 2 - Still has lots of sales left in the tank, its only been out like 7 weeks or something. Hell it could even outsell Call of Duty 7, although I don't think it will. Oh yeah and I moved it ahead of Bioshock 2.

10. Bioshock 2 - I bet it will have a big first week due to how good the first one sold. Kind of like what Uncharted 2 did, but I don't expect it to have big legs.

I'd put GT5 ahead of Mario Galaxy 2. I estimate Galaxy 2 by taking Galaxy's sales and chopping off 1.5 million or so, a "same console sequel apathy factor" of sorts. GT5 obviously won't have that inhibition. It won't approach the glories of its 4 predecessors, but 8 million is a minimum guarantee, i think.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

these games will have good sales (hopefully) but the true best sellers will be on the Wii or the DS, as usual. Even some 2009 games will likely sell better than most of the games cited on Gi.biz, such as NSMW or Wii sports resorts.

This is not what I want to happen, but it is what is going to happen anyway

krimoz911 said:

nightsurge said:

Lol good point!

And I am wondering if this is US or WW as well.  I'm guessing US?

That's even worse, how in the world is a soccer game going to outsell all those games in the US.

World Cup 2010 buddy, keep in touch!

Mr Khan said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Okay new top 10

I'd put GT5 ahead of Mario Galaxy 2. I estimate Galaxy 2 by taking Galaxy's sales and chopping off 1.5 million or so, a "same console sequel apathy factor" of sorts. GT5 obviously won't have that inhibition. It won't approach the glories of its 4 predecessors, but 8 million is a minimum guarantee, i think.

I like your reasoning. Its funny how a direct sequel on the same console never seems to sell as well as the predecessor. This is evident with Gran Turismo (speak of the devil). I'll have to agree with you. GT5 is one of only a few games with a shot at 10million on the PS3 along with the next GTA and MW2 which is a longshot at best.

You could probably replace God of War III with Gears of War III on that list.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

"Genre expected to become more popular in 2010

* Casual / social – 32.3%"

-----

Oh please.... anything but that...unless you qualify new super mario bros. wii Casual/social

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.