By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will sell the most games: Halo:Reach or Gran Turismo 5 or FFXIII

Which game will sell the most games: Halo:Reach or Gran Turismo 5 or FFXIII

Halo: Reach 68 39.77%

Gran turismo 5 94 54.97%

Final Fantasy XIII 9 5.26%

Total:171

Three big games released in 2010. One 360 exclusive title: Halo: Reach. One PS3 exclusive title: Gran Turismo 5. One big JRPG multiplatform game: FFXIII.

Which game will sell the most copies over its lifetime?

I believe the order will be Halo: Reach, Gran Turismo 5 and last but not least FFXIII.

1. Halo: Reach  = 10 million+

2. Gran turismo 5 = 9 million

3. FFXIII = 8 million

What are your thoughts on these three games sales?

BTW: I believe Halo:Reach, FFXIII and Gran Turismo 5 will be console selling titles.

Around the Network

It will be close...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Gran Turismo No Contest. We'll check how much they each sold after the first monht

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

1. Gran turismo 5

2. Halo reach, i really doubt it will sell over 10 million

3. Final fantasy 13

GT5 Lifetime sales will be the most : 12m+

Halo Reach opening will be big but not much after that : 8.5m

FF13 with Japan sales : 8m

Around the Network

Halo Reach has better chances if they call it Halo 4...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:

me thinks the same but will not happen.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Sardauk said:

me thinks the same but will not happen.

"Halo 4 : The fall of Reach" 

Problem solved

GT5 > H:R > FFXIII

GT5 - I'd say 9+ mil ltd, with strong legs, also depends when they decide to release GT6

H:R - Well somewhere between 4-9 mil ltd, depends on marketing and market saturation with Halo

FFXIII - Well I would not be surprised if it flopped in the west, there is a very mixed reception amongst players, so either 3-5 mil ltd, or 4-7 mil ltd

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

I have said "Halo Reach"

(but, in term of moving unit, if we put away Natal, GT5 release will be far more important)

we have to take in count :

GT5 release jp spring and then na/pal summer

Halo R release WW holidays + natal + price cut

it is pretty simple to understand which one will sell the most

Time to Work !