By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will sell the most games: Halo:Reach or Gran Turismo 5 or FFXIII

Which game will sell the most games: Halo:Reach or Gran Turismo 5 or FFXIII

Halo: Reach 68 39.77%

Gran turismo 5 94 54.97%

Final Fantasy XIII 9 5.26%

Total:171

US: Halo: Reach

Europe: GT5/Halo: Reach

Japan: GT5

Overall I think Halo: Reach will come out on top on the strength of the Halo brand in the US.

Around the Network

From what I can tell Halo has become old in a lot of peoples eyes. Unless Halo Reach is advertised well, I am going to say GT5 will probably win.

Good question, will be very close between GT5 and Halo: Reach, but my money would be on GT5, Halo: Reach sales in the US will be huge but GT5 sales in others will be bigger still. A lot of PS3 owners have been waiting for GT5 since they got PS3's, the genre is quite empty on PS3, whereas Halo: Reach is another shooter in a chockers genre.

I know its Halo, and that counts for massive sales, hell, they could port Ninjabread Man over to the 360, replace the Ninjabread character with Master Chief, and it'll sell millions. But will Halo: Reach be the must buy game Halo 3 was early on in 360's life? Halo 3 is at 10.67 mil, I reckon Halo: Reach will reach 11 million. GT5 will hit 12 mil.

puffy said:

Overall I think Halo: Reach will come out on top on the strength of the Halo brand in the US.

I don't think that Halo can compete with GT in Europe at all, or in others in general. Prologue sold more than ODST, close to Halo 3 and that was an expanded demo.

NA = H:R > GT5 + FFXIII

EU / Others = GT5 > FFXIII > H:R

That's what I expect.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Halo Reach: similar to MW2 on 360
GT5: 8 million
FF13: 4.5million on PS3 1.5million on 360

Around the Network

lol, wow; some people are pretty funny thinking a racing game has a chance to outsell a Halo game. Halo is one of the best selling franchises of all time, pre order sales will be enough to crush GT.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

WarmachineX said:
lol, wow; some people are pretty funny thinking a racing game has a chance to outsell a Halo game. Halo is one of the best selling franchises of all time, pre order sales will be enough to crush GT.

As a matter of fact, Gran Turismo is also one of the best selling franchises of all time. If you'll check the numbers, Halo 3 is the only game in the Halo series, that competes with Gran Turismo sales.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

aragod said:
puffy said:

I don't think that Halo can compete with GT in Europe at all, or in others in general. Prologue sold more than ODST, close to Halo 3 and that was an expanded demo.

NA = H:R > GT5 + FFXIII

EU / Others = GT5 > FFXIII > H:R

That's what I expect.

Hmm I see.. I've never looked at the numbers, was just kind of guessing :P Also I lol'd at WarmachineX, he's never heard of Mario Kart obviously, or (more importantly in this case) heard that GT3 sold 14.89 Million

Gran Turismo 5 will sell over 15 million LTD.

GT5 will sell way more than Halo:R, why? Japan.
Halo is no where near as popular as GT in Japan, America will level the playing field for GT but Halo will dominate there. EU/Others is where GT takes it easily, there for GT wins total sales.