By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst predicts Wii GH3 will outsell PS3 GH3

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/11062007/16/analyst_nintendo_wii_will_beat_ps3_in_guitar_hero_iii_sales 

No this is not flame war, this is me expressing my disbelief at what some analysts get paid for - talk about easy money 

The Wii has a userbase twice the size of the PS3, it's twice as cheap, everyone knows it has a large casual userbase and on the Guitar Hero Forum website it's been pretty much level or slightly ahead of the PS3 in therms of registered users even though for a wii user to be registered they have to log online and lkink their friend code to the GH forum site so everyone knows there is a greater possibility of a much larger wii userbase having bought the game and not registered to use the site as every #ps3 owner whose online is automatically registered.

All of this in consideration an analyst thinks it's worthwile and it makes him look clever to predict the wii will outsell the PS3 version by 2-1, give me a break would you - i'm in the wrong profession.

***Rant Over** 

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

In their defense, I guess they were thinking that anyone who had $500 or so to blow on a PS3, would certainly want to spend another $100 on a game. It kind of makes sense. If I had all that money, I'd just throw it around, too.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Gee, he's REALLY going out on a limb there. The Wii's install base in America, where 80%+ of guitar hero's sales are at, dwars the install base of Ps3. Of course it will sell more on Wii and it should.

How is this not common sense?

Godamn you analysts, tell me the first month sales of Resident Evil 5 in 2009 then you'll earn half of the money you make.   

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

OMG, first week sales prove this guy right - he is a GENIUS!!!!

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Lol, yeah those analysts are funny guys sometimes. ^^ I need to find a job where I can get paid (and well no doubt) to make obvious statements and pure guesses.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network
Nick said:
Lol, yeah those analysts are funny guys sometimes. ^^ I need to find a job where I can get paid (and well no doubt) to make obvious statements and pure guesses.

It's not always pure guessing, it's actually probable outcomes gathered from former situations. The markets been around long enough for us to look at past cases see how things went and assume how things will go. I knew PS3 wouldn't be an instant breakaway success because no companies 3rd gen system has ever been. N64, Sega CD and Virtual boy can be cited as examples.

The problem with following the example of former, simmilar, occurances is it doesn't always work the same. The people are a factor you can rarely predict. No console maker has ever come back from a decline before. Citing Atari and Sega as examples. Yet there is Nintendo seemingly coming back from a lull in hardware sales.

Lol i looked at the title... I was thinking god isnt this a bit easy off a guess... wanna get pitchforks.. and kill this guy?

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000
Faxanadu said:
OMG, first week sales prove this guy right - he is a GENIUS!!!!

what are the first week sales, do you have a link?  I cannot find any info 

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

um, here on this site?

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php

numbers for last week are out, GH3 is part of that, right?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Do you even read the article? He don't get any money. It is TheSimExchange that predicted that. Thats kind of a prediction league. What the hell are you yelling about?