By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HUGE news: high resolution/motion sensor for next ds, zelda wii this year

it came from the big man himself. how much more confirmation from Nintendo do you need?

Around the Network

Wii exclusives for 2010 so far:
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Red Steel 2
The Grinder
Monster Hunter Tri
Gladiator A.D.
Epic Mickey
Metroid: Other M
Super Mario Galaxy
Sin & Punishment 2
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Arc Rise Fantasia
Tales of Graces (not confimed for NA yet)

and now The Legend of Zelda Wii 2

^My wallet is crying already

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Buzzi said:
Uhm if Iwata speaks of the new DS there may be a new model/new portable console showed this year, likely at E3 or at TGS (or at the Media Summit if this year it will take place...).

I hope he's right about Zelda! Great news!

This year is unlikely, next year is more likely, Nintendo always talks about its hardware long before it releases it, heck they started talking about the Wii in 2003 and 2004, right now no need for a DS2 as they are still selling DS's like gangbusters, and the XL isn't even out in the US yet

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Damn, Nintendo's gonna have a huge year this year.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

we all knew these news a long time ago except zelda.and i still believe that zelda will not come at 2010.and if it comes mario or metroid will move to 2011.i do not think nintendo will release their three big franchises the same year.

^Why not?

i do not think that it is logical for nintendo to put all three in the same year.that's why.

If they spread it out, it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean, look at March-April-May 2008 in NA - Brawl, Mario Kart and Wii Fit.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

If it's ready it will get released. People assume that after Zelda the Wii is done, I don't believe that for a second.