By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HUGE news: high resolution/motion sensor for next ds, zelda wii this year

Why does he care about resolution?

A new Zelda Wii is awesome news though!

Around the Network

Metroid is lucky to be alive, DK just destroys Metroid all over. It really is no competition for it. You need to calm down btw.

And I have to say Metroid Prime was my favourite GC game, but still, DK is miles ahead, it isn't funny how wrong some people are.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Metroid is lucky to be alive, DK just destroys Metroid all over. It really is no competition for it. You need to calm down btw.

And I have to say Metroid Prime was my favourite GC game, but still, DK is miles ahead, it isn't funny how wrong some people are.

I don't think that anyone's arguing that Metroid is bigger than DK was back when games were being made for the franchise. The only question is if the old popularity would carry over to today

Well, Metroid was dead for a long time and it came back strongly. DK would come back even stronger, the series has millions of fans worldwide and it was one of the few home console games to have all of it's main titles clear one million in Japan. In fact, the series rivaled FF and DQ while on the SNES.

I'm sure plenty of people are still awaiting for a DK game, and there's the fact that DK has a more family friendly image and has gathered a huge fanbase that will not suddenly forget about its existence.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

I loved DKC and enjoyed DK64 but it wasn't developed by Nintendo, it was developed by Rare. Rare left Nintendo and Nintendo won't make similar games, let's move on man. 

Around the Network

Metroid was dead for the N64. Is Donkey Kong even alive?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Metroid was dead for the N64. Is Donkey Kong even alive?

Metroid was dead for the N64 but it was very alive for handhelds (GBC and GBA), I think Metroid never died (completely) but Donkey Kong is completely dead since Nintendo sold Rare and I doubt it will be back.

Soriku said:

I wonder when they'll show off more of Monado. And when they'll show off Pikmin 3 and that "The Last Story" game they trademarked.

And I hope Monolith are working on Baten Kaitos 3 since they said they were ready to make a new one last year!

Edit: And Sakurai's game.

Not to mention Retro's new game.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Why can't Nintendo take care of their own franchise? Then we will never see Star Fox again? I mean that made no sense, sorry. Nintendo are very well capable of making a true DK game again, they just experimented with it and it all went wrong.

Plus Metroid was not alive for a long time, the first game after Super Metroid was Metrpoid Prime. Count the years and you will realize how dead Metroid was.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Zeeeeeelda Wiiiiiii: I hope an eeeeeepic traiiiiiiiiler